TetonX Hybrid

Wendell-R

It looks like they are (or were) using something like a 6 gallon RV water heater instead of an instant water heater? Is that still the case or is there an instant option?

I've got the Truma instant option. It recirculates so you don't waste the significant water volume in the piping. There is a supply side water line and a return side for hot water plus a supply side cold line. Highly recommended.

RoninWanderer

Definitely lost.... ?
Boy, just when I thought my wife and I were set on an OGT Pando 2.0 I come across the Teton X Hybrid. I have an email out to the folks at Teton X with some questions (lead times, spec and price sheet, some build questions) but maybe some owners here can provide some details as well. We currently live in the Midwest where it can get pretty hot and humid and having the 12v A/C option also opens up places to go while remaining comfortable. The OGT trailer has no wood, it's all metal or composite. Knowing the various conditions that the trailer could be exposed to, there being wood as part of the construction does worry me a bit. Someone had mentioned in a previous post that Teton X was thinking about going to composites but their site is pretty lacking when it comes to technical details.

Someone mentioned poplar being used, I'm assuming that's plywood and maybe some framing? Does anyone have details on the construction of the box itself?

At some point, my wife and I are planning on hitting the road for long periods of time and the trailer will likely see lots of temperature/weather extremes, from hot and humid summers to cold and icy/snowy winters. I want to ensure whatever we go with is going to be up to the task in terms of both durability and functionality. I don't want to have to worry about minor water intrusion or condensation leading to rot, mildew, etc.

Am I worrying too much about there being wood/plywood used as part of the construction? Is there any particle board used anywhere or is all of the wood plywood and framing materials?

It looks like they are (or were) using something like a 6 gallon RV water heater instead of an instant water heater? Is that still the case or is there an instant option?

With the Pando 2.0 we liked the galley layout and having the option of adding a second fridge to the tongue storage box, but the galley with the Hybrid looks well thought out as well, though galley storage seems to have suffered in comparison to the Pando 2.0, on the flip side there's a lot more space and functionality inside the trailer.

I also like that the pop-up portion doesn't have to be up to still comfortably be inside if it's really hot or cold and you want to keep it more closed up. Then if we one of our daughters with us she has a bed in the trailer rather than having to set up a bed in the back of my truck.

The newer side door looks to be the same as what the Boreas XT uses, they look well built but I didn't like that the door had to be completely open to use the screen. With the Hybrid I can see there are additional windows (options?) available so the door doesn't have to be open to have a breeze.

Has anyone looked at or seen both the Hybrid and Pando 2.0 in person? I'm really struggling with this decision now. Help! :)

Hello,

I am expecting delivery of my fully loaded Hybrid Comp around December and I have also seen the Pando (and their other trailer in-person). I think when Lindsay at TetonX gets back to you, she will answer your questions and you will be very satisfied with her responses. I have been to the shop lately to check status on the new updates and spent 90 minutes geeking out on the details. I cannot share what isn't mine to share, but I am absolutely glad we went with the Hybrid (Comp) and not an OGT. The OGT's were very nice, but the Hybrid is much better suited to our needs. A lot of the wood is being eliminated for composites and they do have side windows with screens for good ventilation. We are also getting an AC unit for ours. The water heater is a Truma instant system and heated up very quickly.

You will be stoked! Lindsay is very quick at getting back to you and answering questions. The only bummer is the long lead-times. Ours was like 14 months or something.

Good luck!

Austin

DRAX

Hello,

I am expecting delivery of my fully loaded Hybrid Comp around December and I have also seen the Pando (and their other trailer in-person). I think when Lindsay at TetonX gets back to you, she will answer your questions and you will be very satisfied with her responses. I have been to the shop lately to check status on the new updates and spent 90 minutes geeking out on the details. I cannot share what isn't mine to share, but I am absolutely glad we went with the Hybrid (Comp) and not an OGT. The OGT's were very nice, but the Hybrid is much better suited to our needs. A lot of the wood is being eliminated for composites and they do have side windows with screens for good ventilation. We are also getting an AC unit for ours. The water heater is a Truma instant system and heated up very quickly.

You will be stoked! Lindsay is very quick at getting back to you and answering questions. The only bummer is the long lead-times. Ours was like 14 months or something.

Good luck!

Austin

Thanks for the info! We're not in any hurry, but yeah with the lead times I'd rather get on whatever list I end up on sooner rather than later. We're actually planning on starting our next big adventures in 2023, so while it would be nice to have something for 2022 we already have gear to get out if we want to. Currently have a soft-shell RTT, Decked drawers, etc but we're wanting something less involved to set up and tear down, something that doesn't keep us stuck at camp once deployed, and something better suited to being comfortable in the cold without having to deal with (much) condensation. So the trailer seems to be the way to go. We thought we settled on the Pando 2.0 after eliminating the Boreas XT and Meaner Bean from the list as well as the OverKill S.O.5.10. And then I stumbled across the Teton X on YouTube. We'll see what my wife has to say about the galley setup compared to the Pando 2.0 and similar tear drops. The biggest thing with the slide-out kitchens has been counter/prep space and it looks like Teton X has addressed that pretty nicely.

RoninWanderer

Definitely lost.... ?
Thanks for the info! We're not in any hurry, but yeah with the lead times I'd rather get on whatever list I end up on sooner rather than later. We're actually planning on starting our next big adventures in 2023, so while it would be nice to have something for 2022 we already have gear to get out if we want to. Currently have a soft-shell RTT, Decked drawers, etc but we're wanting something less involved to set up and tear down, something that doesn't keep us stuck at camp once deployed, and something better suited to being comfortable in the cold without having to deal with (much) condensation. So the trailer seems to be the way to go. We thought we settled on the Pando 2.0 after eliminating the Boreas XT and Meaner Bean from the list as well as the OverKill S.O.5.10. And then I stumbled across the Teton X on YouTube. We'll see what my wife has to say about the galley setup compared to the Pando 2.0 and similar tear drops. The biggest thing with the slide-out kitchens has been counter/prep space and it looks like Teton X has addressed that pretty nicely.

The deposit is refundable so no harm getting on the list! The galley was one of the biggest selling points for us since I love to cook while we camp. I’ll share pics of our trailer here once it arrived. Good luck with your search!

RoninWanderer

Definitely lost.... ?
We are almost to the point of making the down payment so the level of stoke here is pretty unreal! We have started our Build Sheet and picking out the goodies. My wife is already working on her decoration ideas and TetonX has a set of my SCS F5 rims waiting at the shop (rims and tires will match our truck).

Hello All, thank you for the thread of information. Makes my interest in Teton even more. Anybody have updates on lead time? Last I saw it was 14 months or so? Wonder how many they are building each month with that kind of lead time?

Excited to see their composite model. I think it could be a game changer!

Thanks for any information!

DRAX

Hello All, thank you for the thread of information. Makes my interest in Teton even more. Anybody have updates on lead time? Last I saw it was 14 months or so? Wonder how many they are building each month with that kind of lead time?

Excited to see their composite model. I think it could be a game changer!

Thanks for any information!
As of earlier this week the wait is 18-20 months.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

RoninWanderer

Definitely lost.... ?
As of earlier this week the wait is 18-20 months.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I’m not surprised to hear this! The new design changes are going to be popular and sourcing parts is a problem for almost all industries right now. If ours delivers in December 2021, that will have been 14 months.

DRAX

The deposit is refundable so no harm getting on the list! The galley was one of the biggest selling points for us since I love to cook while we camp. I’ll share pics of our trailer here once it arrived. Good luck with your search!

After discussing, reviewing, visualizing, more discussing, and feedback my wife and I have landed back on the Pando 2.0 being the best fit for us and the fewest compromises. The Teton X Hybrid Comp looks like a great trailer for the money, but the Pando 2.0 seems to make more sense for us. Thanks for all your info and insight!

After discussing, reviewing, visualizing, more discussing, and feedback my wife and I have landed back on the Pando 2.0 being the best fit for us and the fewest compromises. The Teton X Hybrid Comp looks like a great trailer for the money, but the Pando 2.0 seems to make more sense for us. Thanks for all your info and insight!
Nice yea, with the Teton wait time my wife and I are looking at a Boreas XT. I like the composite over aluminum as well as the location of the water tank (middle of axle line, instead of the back of the trailer like the Pando.) Good luck with the Pando, they look good too!

RoninWanderer

Definitely lost.... ?
@RoninWanderer Did you get your Tetonx yet? or close to getting it finished?

Hi @hscoots, no, not yet. Some supply issues have slowed things down, as I understand it. The first batch of the new Comp model are almost finished and mine is following right behind it. Hopefully we have it in March, April at the latest! We are supposed to be living out of it this summer starting in May so I'm getting a little nervous ?. I do expect some photos and feedback from the new owners soon though....that'll tide me over for a bit. Meanwhile, we are getting a lot of use out of our ol' iKamper Mini!

Are you on the waitlist for one?

RoninWanderer

Definitely lost.... ?
@RoninWanderer Yes, I am on the list but quite far behind, probably not until 2023.

Gotcha, yeah, it's gonna be about 18 months or more by the time we receive it. Which, considering the supply issues, isn't horrible. We are just really excited for it! I'll post up a ton of pictures once we receive it and will be happy to answer any questions. We are fully-loaded with all the goodies and will do a test run on the Mojave Road to shake out the bugs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior