TetonX Hybrid

Jafrench

Observer
I hate to be that guy that keeps calling over and over.
I'm that guy.

If I were you, I'd put down the $500 REFUNDABLE deposit ASAP so you can get in the queue. I put the deposit down back in November and my number came up in the last few weeks. Would have had it in well under 12 months. I decided to delay the build so I could lay hands on one before throwing down the NONREFUNDABLE 50% required to start the build. I will still probably have it under 12 months. I would agree 1000% with @jgatliff that the folks at TetonX have been great to work with. I've sent a lot of emails and there is always a response within a few days. You'll get an option/spec sheet but they're willing to do custom one-off mods at the customer's request, when possible.

As far as composite panels, I was told those are still a ways off. Pandemic, among other things, has delayed progress on that front. I don't think they would be able to give you a reliable timeline but worth asking. If you're just getting in line it may be standard by the time your build comes up.

Ahh_seh_vez

I'm that guy.

If I were you, I'd put down the $500 REFUNDABLE deposit ASAP so you can get in the queue. I put the deposit down back in November and my number came up in the last few weeks. Would have had it in well under 12 months. I decided to delay the build so I could lay hands on one before throwing down the NONREFUNDABLE 50% required to start the build. I will still probably have it under 12 months. I would agree 1000% with @jgatliff that the folks at TetonX have been great to work with. I've sent a lot of emails and there is always a response within a few days. You'll get an option/spec sheet but they're willing to do custom one-off mods at the customer's request, when possible.

As far as composite panels, I was told those are still a ways off. Pandemic, among other things, has delayed progress on that front. I don't think they would be able to give you a reliable timeline but worth asking. If you're just getting in line it may be standard by the time your build comes up.

Thanks for the great info. I'll start comms with them a little more now and probably put the deposit in after returning from temp duty. Then the hunt to find one in the Texas area to actually put hands on it to confirm it's what I want haha.

What are the benefits of going to composite? Is it better for insulation? I think I read it definitely had weight benefits but wasn't sure about others.

Jafrench

Observer
I'm no expert but weight and weather resistance (compared to wood that rots when exposed to water) are the two primary benefits.

GkraneTX

Thanks for the great info. I'll start comms with them a little more now and probably put the deposit in after returning from temp duty. Then the hunt to find one in the Texas area to actually put hands on it to confirm it's what I want haha.

What are the benefits of going to composite? Is it better for insulation? I think I read it definitely had weight benefits but wasn't sure about others.

Composite materials would have a tremendous benefit over wood especially here in South Texas. Composite materials are impervious to rotting, humidity, and salty marine environments. I'm not sure where you live in Texas but most trailer manufacturers build these trailers for a customer base that is up North. Its darn near impossible to find one that has a suitable air conditioning option let alone an aluminum frame with composite panels.

Ahh_seh_vez

Composite materials would have a tremendous benefit over wood especially here in South Texas. Composite materials are impervious to rotting, humidity, and salty marine environments. I'm not sure where you live in Texas but most trailer manufacturers build these trailers for a customer base that is up North. Its darn near impossible to find one that has a suitable air conditioning option let alone an aluminum frame with composite panels.

I live in San Antonio and frequent Padre Island quite a bit so composite would be a great way to go.

We almost bought a Taxa last year but I just felt like there was a lot of compromising for the price.

GkraneTX

I live in Corpus and the trailer will solely be used for surf fishing trips down PINS so it looks like your requirements would be the same as mine.

Ahh_seh_vez

I live in Corpus and the trailer will solely be used for surf fishing trips down PINS so it looks like your requirements would be the same as mine.

Haha that’s awesome. You’re right, it would primarily be used for the beach. The wife and I have really enjoyed beach camping at PINS, so we go about once a month. Plus Corpus has the NAS so I go down there for uniform items as well.

We also like to road trip and explore different hikes across the country so being able to bring our “hotel” with us would save a lot of commuting time for us.

Rlemond

Good information here. Also very interested in possibly getting one of these. Keep updating your personal experiences please. Thank you.

ottsville

Observer
Tetonx - wasn't there a member here who was building under that name for a while? Is he involved with this company or did he sell off the name? His designs were good and his construction was really good.

jgatliff

Father, Husband, Outdoorsman, & Adventurer.
[mention]TetonX [/mention] is Kyle & Lindsay of TetonX trailers but they have only been a member since 2019.

That being said I have yet to see a trailer on the market that is as well thought out as the Hybrid. We love ours, just spent 8 nights in it in NC and could have spent many many more!

But their new cargo trailer is pretty slick too!

ITTOG

Those campers look really nice. How are the sealing the pop top? Do they have one gasket (ie one on the camper or one on the top) or is there two gaskets (one on the camper and one on the top)? I would love to see pictures of the gaskets and surfaces if you don't mind.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
.... We love ours, just spent 8 nights in it in NC and could have spent many many more!

But their new cargo trailer is pretty slick too!
What was that battery issue? I know I kidded you about it and, due to Jackie's persistent Maker's Mark onslaught, forgot to ask you what happened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles