Tesla Cybertruck: The Future?

F350joe

giphy.gif

/that was on the Joe Roggin show, iirc, back when he was getting charged with stock manipulation and fined by the SEC.

I think that stock manipulation was a poor response to fake news short sellers. https://markets.businessinsider.com...-selling-should-be-illegal-2019-12-1028733903

You have to give him credit, he said he would burn short sellers and has. How much did you lose Pilat? https://markets.businessinsider.com...n-record-stock-price-rally-2019-12-1028780116

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
I think that stock manipulation was a poor response to fake news short sellers. https://markets.businessinsider.com...-selling-should-be-illegal-2019-12-1028733903

You have to give him credit, he said he would burn short sellers and has. How much did you lose Pilat? https://markets.businessinsider.com...n-record-stock-price-rally-2019-12-1028780116

I don't invest in companies that only survive due to gullible "investors" and tax exemptions or outright direct governmental support. So I have no money in Tesla, nor did I gamble and shorted them. Madoff and Ponzi also had a very long run, and it seems that there are endless suckers Musk can play tricks on in this age. I am not sure when the house of cards will finally fall.

But, apparently, it is hard for you to even consider that someone might not like a company or the products of a company without having a vested interest in them doing badly. I suspected as much, but it's good to have my suspicion confirmed.

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
Obviously a Nazi dogwhistler too.
Sure, whatever you say.

Edit: Maybe I should make it clear: The stock rose to over 420 dollars. 4/20 is "toke day", so to speak. So, although I was sarcastic when I said "clever man" because he made a weed reference, I made no inference about the far right "420", nor did anyone else.

Last edited:

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
My order is in. BEST 4x4 ever.

I suppose for some that’s not that bad of an investment.....Just pay the $100 bucks deposit for a year’s worth of bragging rights with your good buds. Heck, that’s way less than I throw away annually on lotto tickets!

And for that Musky guy...$20 million bucks in an interest free loan for the next year and 3/4s (that’s really small coin for him if he can afford to throw away $20 million on a fine for speaking incautiously about the finances of his company, but still...).

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
250,000 x 100 = 25,000,000. ;.)
So it's $ 25 million - interest free. But it is more than that. It's a way to fool investors into believing the orders are there and any investment is therefore a safer bet (he calls them "orders" outright).

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Sure, whatever you say.

Edit: Maybe I should make it clear: The stock rose to over 420 dollars. 4/20 is "toke day", so to speak. So, although I was sarcastic when I said "clever man" because he made a weed reference, I made no inference about the far right "420", nor did anyone else.

pilot, I’m pretty sure verstad’s comment was directed at musk, not you.

250,000 x 100 = 25,000,000. ;.)
So it's $ 25 million - interest free. But it is more than that. It's a way to fool investors into believing the orders are there and any investment is therefore a safer bet (he calls them "orders" outright).

yeah....basically shilling for these “orders“ makes this thing look more like a kickstarter or go fund me campaign.

Last edited:

F350joe

I don't invest in companies that only survive due to gullible "investors" and tax exemptions or outright direct governmental support. So I have no money in Tesla, nor did I gamble and shorted them. Madoff and Ponzi also had a very long run, and it seems that there are endless suckers Musk can play tricks on in this age. I am not sure when the house of cards will finally fall.

But, apparently, it is hard for you to even consider that someone might not like a company or the products of a company without having a vested interest in them doing badly. I suspected as much, but it's good to have my suspicion confirmed.

Lighten up buttercup, I’m just messing with you. Investing in tech is risky but the rewards can be pretty damn good. Investing in a Ponzi scheme is not at all the same thing. Google, Facebook, Apple, and Tesla are selling technology and all required substantial investment to become profitable. I would argue that an investor is savvy for investing in a company, early on, that has the support of government.

“ Conclusion

Tesla and Apple share a remarkably similar narrative. Both companies sell hardware differentiated by a unique user experience made possible by deep vertical integration. Both companies thrived under the leadership of an uncompromising and often unpredictable CEO. Both have been ridiculed for being different, have been put on “death watch”, and have attracted the scrutiny of the SEC. Yet both companies have delivered when it matters most—making products that competitors can’t match and that customers camp out overnight to buy.”

Is apple not one of the most profitable companies ever? https://ark-invest.com/research/tesla-through-the-lens-of-apple#fn-46340-1

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
Tesla is not Apple. Tesla isn't profitable, and it's not exactly in the same type of market. Even the latest and greatest iPhone is cheap compared to a car, and an electric car is a much bigger "deal" in how it means you go about your life.
There is nothing "unique" about a Mac or an iPhone. It's a PC and a phone (yes, a mac is a personal computer too). Just like there isn't anything "unique" about an electric car from Tesla as opposed to, say, a Leaf. If so, the Leaf is even more unique.

That said, Apple isn't run by someone who needs "investors" to cover their daily operations costs.

Also, I find it disingenuous that you now go "lighten up buttercup" now that your ridiculous accusations of me having ulterior motives (I somehow have to be betting against the stock) for talking ******** about Musk & Co.

And as for your "both have been ridiculed": That is almost a verbatim echoing of "Well, they ridiculed Einstein/Galileo/Insert Genius here, so if people ridicule me, then I must be a genius too. It's a stupid, ignorant argument at best. At worst, it's irresponsible and can fool people enough to also invest in various fraudulent schemes. Yes, it's a quote from that article. But not any less stupid, any less ignorant, or any less irresponsible.

You know, (some) people also believed Ponzi was a genius, as did they with madoff. That's how con-men work. They just need to fool enough people and hope they get away with it. Some get away with it for decades.

Oh, and merry christmas (not sarcasm. TTYL).

shade

Even if Big Muskie has the ethics of a Madoff, it's worth remembering that Tesla has actually delivered real products.
Setting aside other offerings, they've delivered somewhere between 500,000 - 1,000,000 vehicles by now (yes, there are differing estimates, and no, I'm not going to argue about the exact number).
The frothiest Musk-B-Goners should be able to recognize that distinction.

Last edited:

rayra

Expedition Leader
Musk is no dummy. This rollout worked well / no such thing as bad publicity. Over a quarter million orders translates into $14+ BILLION in orders / accounts receivable that he can draw loans against, if necessary.
Tesla was heading into the black in 2020 before this rollout. He's gonna have live humans in SpaceX Crew Dragon in 2020. By the time the first Cybertrucks are getting into customers' hands he's going to have Starliner MkIII, Mk4, MkV making hops and going into orbit. In the same timeframe he'll have Starlink global satellite internet taking paying customers, rural folks getting far faster internet for LESS than their crappy ISP provides today.

Anybody that thinks Musk is a fool or a charlatan is a damned fool themselves. He's Elon R. Musk, Sooooper Geneyooz.

shade

Musk is no dummy. This rollout worked well / no such thing as bad publicity. Over a quarter million orders translates into $14+ BILLION in orders / accounts receivable that he can draw loans against, if necessary.
Tesla was heading into the black in 2020 before this rollout. He's gonna have live humans in SpaceX Crew Dragon in 2020. By the time the first Cybertrucks are getting into customers' hands he's going to have Starliner MkIII, Mk4, MkV making hops and going into orbit. In the same timeframe he'll have Starlink global satellite internet taking paying customers, rural folks getting far faster internet for LESS than their crappy ISP provides today.

Anybody that thinks Musk is a fool or a charlatan is a damned fool themselves. He's Elon R. Musk, Sooooper Geneyooz.
He may be able to tout CyberTruck pre-orders while arranging more financing, but I don't think anyone would seriously count all of those as actual sales.

docwatson

Adventurer
The cybertruck probably won't be able to do this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz