Tesla Cybertruck: The Future?

Boatbuilder79

It is very much not what doctors do. There were no pyrotechnics in the briefing on my upcoming surgery and my surgeon and anesthesiologist hold actual medical degrees.

It is uncanny to watch people contort their minds to praise and defend a confidence man while dismissing easily verified evidence of his deception or - barring that - just outright defending that deception as normal and commendable. Seriously how in the "four asterisks" did we arrive at this point in society?
What did he do to you?

luthj

Engineer In Residence
I disagree, people want to own and operate cars that are cheap to operate, reliable, and look good. EVs are continuously improving and meet all those requirements. Unlike you, most people could care less what parts are under the hood, and as such have no bias for or against EVs.

Considering battery tech was not capable of long range reasonable priced EVs 10 years ago, its surprising there are 5 million in service! In 2007 only a few thousand production EVs were sold by the major MFGs. In 2018 sales exceeded 2 million!

So the question is, should we trust the biased ramblings of trolls on the internet? Or should we trust the evidence in front of us?

1574877175032.png

dreadlocks

Luddite Automotive Experts been around since they invented the car..

Real cars have to be cranked to start.. nobody is gonna buy an electronic start just to get stranded in the middle of the Mojave and end up a fossil.. wha'da all want, women to start driving or something? smh..

D

Deleted member 9101

So that's add up to 946 million gas or diesel personal cars on the road and 1 million EVs..Again not many people drive or even have a desire to own battery operated cars..

********!!! Look man... What ever you have to tell yourself is fine with me... It appears that you are just here to argue.

EVs are becoming more popular every year... That's a fact that not even you can deny...although if you did I wouldn't see it thanks to the "ignore" feature.

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
If you wonder why some people can't assess their own lack of knowledge or competence... I will just leave this here. Then again some are just trolling cause it makes them feel good.

In other cases, some just know more than the people who are proud of their ignorance - you know; people who thinks something despite the evidence.

docwatson

Adventurer
Hopefully you aren't going in for surgery on a meniscal tear. Apparently the placebo is just as effective as actual surgery

That's the sexiest article you'll find on ExPo today

luthj

Engineer In Residence
Hopefully you aren't going in for surgery on a meniscal tear. Apparently the placebo is just as effective as actual surgery

Its fascinating that many arthroscopic procedures are no better than placebo.

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan

Yes, let's abandon medicine and surgeries because regardless of what's wrong, you're just as good if nothing is done. And let me repeat that you are pro letting corporations cheat and lie as they please all in order to make a profit - apparently including the pharmaceutical industry.

djfriimixx

It is important to distinguish that musk, tesla, and ev's at large are three separate topics
Good point. The thread is labeled Tesla. So trash Elon somewhere else.

I agree 100% about plug-in hybrids being better. But noone is making a plug-in hybrid truck. So it's not relevant.

Afaik. No one was arguing the limitations of battery technology.

And again. No one has stressed any concern on what means charging stations are powered. There's fundamentally little difference between a diesel generator and coal power plant.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

docwatson

Adventurer
Yes, let's abandon medicine and surgeries because regardless of what's wrong, you're just as good if nothing is done. And let me repeat that you are pro letting corporations cheat and lie as they please all in order to make a profit - apparently including the pharmaceutical industry.
Oh come now. You know I didn't say that. It's important to analyze what works and what doesn't though. I am sure you agree with that.

Same with trucks and EVs...

I was trying to bring this back to Elon and Tesla, but I can't. Please someone tie these two together.

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
Oh come now. You know I didn't say that. It's important to analyze what works and what doesn't though. I am sure you agree with that.

You argued that it's okay to deceive and lie in order to make a profit. That means it should apply across the board if it was to be a valid argument. Now you're saying that it can't possible be applied to other (types of) corporations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior