Teraflex video of Thaler pickup bed install

haven

Expedition Leader
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7oYgLy9nKU

This YouTube video shows a step-by-step conversion of a four door Wrangler into a Wrangler with pickup bed from Thaler. The process is reasonably straightforward, using hand tools and a Sawzall or cutoff wheel. The result is pretty cool.

thaler actiontruck.jpg

The video is also useful if you're interested is seeing how to disassemble the body of a JK.

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
I just watched the entire video...I do not have a JKU and do not intend on getting one but I could not stop watching the video...:smiley_drive:

TeraFlex

One of the best things with this kit is that there's no major autobody work required for it. 2 Jeepers can install it over a weekend!

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Ohh, very nice.

I just did all of that diss-assembly and roll-bar cutting to mine, it's funny to see it in a video.

It's currently only slightly put back together though :)

-Dan

Espo78

Adventurer
Here is what I want to know regarding these conversions and the people that want them or have purchased them.

1. What do you plan on carrying in the bed?

2. How is your newly converted Jeep better/more useful than a JKU with the rear seats folded or removed?

I feel like these conversions look cool and different but the real world usefulness of them seems lacking. It's still not a truck, the JKU has little towing capacity and the load carrying limit is still quite small, even compared to a midsize truck. I love my wrangler but I know it's not a pickup truck and wouldn't want to pretend it is. I'd buy a used Ford Ranger for 2 grand before I'd convert my Jeep into a truck. It would be cheaper and give me more carrying capacity.

Maddmatt

Explorer
Speaking as a guy who 'wants' one...

Here is what I want to know regarding these conversions and the people that want them or have purchased them.

1. What do you plan on carrying in the bed?

My coolness.:cool:

2. How is your newly converted Jeep better/more useful than a JKU with the rear seats folded or removed?

because it's cool :cool:

I feel like these conversions look cool and different but the real world usefulness of them seems lacking.

Exactly :cool:

In all seriousness, you pose fair questions and no, there's not much as much utility here as there would be if you just bought a truck - but the Jeep pickup look speaks to me, and I like the idea that theoretically, I could pick up an older, used JKU and convert it to a pickup. Because it looks cool.

Looked at another way, it would be every bit as appropriate for a day-to-day driver as my Xterra.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior