TeraFlex Install: NEBO Roof Rack

Nebo Cross-bar Slats 4 Sale - Silver

I've got 3 cross-bar slats for sale - I recently purchased and installed the Nebo base-bar package and cross-bar slat kit in silver, but I only really need three slats for all my carrying needs. Message me if you're interested.

forsakenfuture

Explorer
View attachment 342862View attachment 342863View attachment 342864View attachment 342865View attachment 342866View attachment 342867I got my Nebo installed on my 2015 JKU took around 4 hours by myself, having an overhead winch in the shop helped taking it on and off a couple times to fit check it. So far I am happy with it, and impressed with the quality and simplicity once installed, and the look is growing on me now also.

Do you have any photos of how the roof top tent attatches to the rack?

KlausVanWinkle

Explorer
I'm curious to see if I can get their roll bar mounts without the rack. Reason being, that day to day, I have to get into low parking decks and garages. So I'm looking for a rack that I can remove easily, like the Rhinorack track system, but also attaches to the roll bar for strength. my other idea was to use Maximus-3s mounts with someone else roof tracks. This looks super OEM though which is nice.

wADVr

Adventurer
I'm curious to see if I can get their roll bar mounts without the rack. Reason being, that day to day, I have to get into low parking decks and garages. So I'm looking for a rack that I can remove easily, like the Rhinorack track system, but also attaches to the roll bar for strength. my other idea was to use Maximus-3s mounts with someone else roof tracks. This looks super OEM though which is nice.

Wondering the same thing. I like the mounting but would like option to use a larger rack such as the Maximus-3, AEV, Rhino. Would be interested to know if the t nut spacing on the hard top mounts would accommodate horizontally mounted rails.

I've resisted a rack for several years now but see the need growing but don't want to run one all the time.

SoDakSooner

Adventurer
Do you have any photos of how the roof top tent attatches to the rack?

I went a bit different route and mounted my RTT on the cross slats. I had to make a spacer and custom width plates to go over the cross slats so the tent didn't rub on the outer rails. pretty slick, but I need to trim the mounting bolts just a hair as it it pretty tight between the slats and the roof. I believe you can flip the slats over and run them "upside down" to gain more clearance if needed.

I thought it looked kind of clunky to have the brackets hanging outside of the rails.

Attachments

• Tent mount.jpg
    Tent mount.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 84
  • cvt tent 2.jpg
    cvt tent 2.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 77

KlausVanWinkle

Explorer
Wondering the same thing. I like the mounting but would like option to use a larger rack such as the Maximus-3, AEV, Rhino. Would be interested to know if the t nut spacing on the hard top mounts would accommodate horizontally mounted rails.

I've resisted a rack for several years now but see the need growing but don't want to run one all the time.

In the exact same boat. Talking to Teraflex about that. But the intsall is pretty complex. I'm not sure if it'd work. I basically want everything that goes inside the Jeep, and connect it to rails. The Maximus-3 rack is what I was going to get, but just the mounts are $500 and it doesn't seem easy to remove. If you tack welded the nuts to the interior brackets, it looks like it could be removed with 8 bolts.

IAJK

Sweet Set up mounting to the slats! I feel your pain, that had to be a nightmare to get nuts started and tightened!

IAJK

I have a full aluminum color 6 piece slat kit I would be willing to get rid of at a good price if you are looking to purchase a Nebo and want to save some money? I love the rack, but am moving my RTT to a trailer and primarily use the jeep to haul kayaks so I quick fist my Thule bars on to my Nebo rails for that, no need for the Nebo slats anymore the way I am running my set up. Shoot me a text if interested 402-630-4408.

SoDakSooner

Adventurer
Sweet Set up mounting to the slats! I feel your pain, that had to be a nightmare to get nuts started and tightened!

the good thing about the hdpe spacers is that the tent slides around really easily till I get it tight. You can see in that pic, it sits right over the rib. I just moved it to get the nut started. However once it is located, you can't get the wrench over the bolt without some gymnastics. I still need to trim them. Really nice that CVT includes a ratcheting wrench with the tent. It would be "less fun" without it.

akpostal

Adventurer
I can think of a few ways to use Rhino Rack brackets, spacers, and t-bolts to mount awnings of the sides or back on the Nebo slats.

akpostal

Adventurer
These brackets could mount right on to the back most Nebo slat to put an awning off the back. Or a bracket could be made if it needed to be extended a little to clear the rear of the rails. Off the side of the rack a spacer could raise the bracket up to clear the rail. However I dont see a way to side mount the awning and a RTT. L brackets could also be used on the back or side but the awning would have to be held up to clear the rails.

rrawningmount-jpg.511645

If somebody in the Wasilla or Anchorage area has a Nebo slat we could play around a little.

These light brackets could be used on the front or back slat on a Nebo.

rrlightmount-jpg.511644

I mounted FrontRunner's quick-release RTT mount to the slats and it works amazing. The RTT clears the side rails perfectly. I had to use Thule's large T-nut in the middle channel of the slat as the mounting point. Couldn't be happier with this solution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke