TeraFlex Install: NEBO Roof Rack

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
That's one thing I never saw for it. hmmmm. might be difficult as its more "inboard" than other racks. Maybe just a good ole Pop up camper awn would do the trick.

GFA

Adventurer

Now you can see how easy it is to install a NEBO Roof Rack.

The TeraFlex JK Nebo roof rack incorporates OEM aesthetics and styling with rugged performance in a purpose-built configuration that will give you the capacity to extend your adventure even further. The factory finished appearance makes it at home in the city or fully loaded on the Rubicon. The low profile streamlined design is intentionally unobtrusive when unloaded to reduce air resistance and noise. The Nebo rack has a static load rating of 850 lbs, and a dynamic driving load rating of 200 lbs.

5641394a0aea88008801968c.jpeg

Purchase here: https://teraflex.com/shop/category?utf8=✓&q=nebo

Ok, so I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a roof rack but I can't find anything about what crossbars can be used or awning mounts for the nebo. There's no way I'm spending what teraflex wants for their cross slat kit, if it were $250 I'd be ok with it but not $500. I like the Nebo rails after helping install a set but it still seems to be too new with no other accessories available specific to the nebo.

I spent some time at REI looking at Thule bars and feet but they seem to add way too much additional height to the already tall teraflex side rails. Does anyone know if there's anything that will work? It sure would be nice if teraflex had also put some accessories out at the same time. For that very reason I'm leaning a bit more to the Rhino backbone system as they have everything else available that I'd possibly need.

kojackJKU

They are not that tall in the overall height of the jeep. There are many.....MOST other racks that are taller than a nebo with cross bars attached. What accessories do you want. with the nebo, a set of cross rails, you can mount damn near ANYTHING on it. All for less than the cost of the rhino without anything attached to it. take the cross bars off when your not using them.

Gamin

I just installed the Nebo on my JKU, I had picked up a pair of QuickFist rubber clamps. I have intended on using them to mount a shovel to the nebo rails. I am now thinking you could use them to mount cross bars as well.

IAJK

I'm in the same boat right now on which rack to go with. #1 I'm a huge Teraflex Product fan, this doesn't help my decision!! I want an internal frame system rack to be able to have the ability/ flexibility(not all at once) to haul the following as needed: a canoe, 2 kayaks, a cargo box, and a Tepui RTT/ awing ( I know it can be done on the Nebo, they have it on there product intro video when they released the Nebo.
Torn between 3 different set ups. Teraflex Nebo, Rhino Backbone with Pioneer Platform, or the Rhino Backbone with the 3 Aero Bar Set ups.
If I go with the Nebo: $500 for the rails-RTT install handled. Buy 2 slat kits $85 canoe and possible kayaks handled. Or buy a set of Rhino Aero Bars with the quickfist mounts and you have and instant set of easily removable cross bars for around $399. Gets me in the game around $900. Only downsides I see of the Nebo, not as much real-estate on the roof as the Rhino has, and when the hardtop is removed the brackets that reinforce off of the sportcage will interfere with my Bikini top (Not the end of the world, but its nice to have). Not sure either how they are mounting a cargo box directly to the Nebo Slat kit like they are showing on the video?

Rhino Backbone/ Pioneer Platform: Cool looking with large area to build from. Love the mounting system. To haul my watersport gear and cargo box I will need to buy 2 accessory crossbars to mount to the platform so there's another $100 on top of the $1,169 for the main kit. But it is a cool looking set up, defiantly gains you the expedition look on the jeep fast.

Rhino Backbone/ 3 areobar set up. around $770 for the entire kit. Will do everything I need out of the box, only hesitation I have is the look of it with the 3 bars, I was ready to pull the trigger on this or the Pioneer Platform earlier this year then Teraflex had to come along and screw up my whole game plan!!!
I think both companies have great products that will fit my needs either direction, looking for some input from people with the same set ups.
Thanks

kojackJKU

The really cool thing about the nebo, is that if you have multiple vehciles, you can use the same cross bars for all rigs, therefore save on accessories etc. I will be mounting a patriot roof rack on my F150 camper shell, then I can swap stuff between all three.

IAJK

Pulled the Trigger on the Nebo, did entire slat kit and all. Was in Colorado for the last 3 days and UPS stopped by Friday to leave it but needed a signature, so no installing it today! After a lot of time searching kayak racks, I chose to go with the Thule 830 Stacker to haul 2 boats, I plan on attaching it direct to the T-Slots in the slat kit or fabbing up a aluminum rail to mount them to and tie into the T-Slots. I did not want to go with aftermarket cross bars right away just to keep the low profile look and really like the option of having the rack area if needed. The 830's will fold flat when not in use and the canoe will slide right over the top of them. Also plan on purchasing a Tepui Tent very soon, either a Kukenam or Autana, I love the large annex that you get with the Autana and can provide extra sleeping space if needed along with a covered kitchen for the back of the jeep. Pics to be posted soon.

kojackJKU

Let us know how the install goes for sure. The nebo has pretty well the same rail profile as my Jeep patriot roof rack. So I am just buying the rails, and using ebay cross bars for all my accessories. I will find a patriot rack in the scrap yard for my F150 truck cap and I can swap between all three then. I am going to have a few sets of rails with everything mounted to them all ready so its a simple put on the rack and go for whatever we want.

IAJK

IMG_1520.jpgIMG_1521.jpgIMG_1522.jpgIMG_1634.jpgIMG_1564.jpgIMG_1567.jpgI got my Nebo installed on my 2015 JKU took around 4 hours by myself, having an overhead winch in the shop helped taking it on and off a couple times to fit check it. So far I am happy with it, and impressed with the quality and simplicity once installed, and the look is growing on me now also.

JKUR

Looks great. I am getting ready to order this rack myself. Are the slats pretty solid? Do they seem to hold the weight of the canoe without sagging? Still trying to decide between this rack, the Rhino rack or the Gobi Stealth. Really liking the look of the Nebo though.

IAJK

Rack and slats are very solid, I think an awning would clamp to the rails, use a T-Slot on the slats or tie into the cross bars on the tent rails very easy.

jt5280

Installed mine yesterday. Opted to not go with the slat kit since I'm using primarily for my Tepui RTT and skiis (have Thule adapters and bars).

IMG_2596.jpgIMG_2598.jpgIMG_2600.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles