Tepui Tents

ShinySideUp

So, I have lurked here for a long time now, and don't post very often...... However, I felt compelled to post something in this case. I ordered a Tepui Tents Kukenam model, and it shipped out the next day! When it got to me a week later, it had some slight damage to the box, but I was so excited that I just went ahead and signed for it... Whoops.....

When I opened it up, my heart sank.... The frame of both panels looked like they got hit by a forklift.... Or dropped from a helicopter.... So, after contacting the folks at Tepui, they talked me through filing a damage claim with FedEx. Well, come to find out a week and a half later, since I had no proof that they were liable, they weren't going accept the claim and I was SOL. I recognized that this wasn't Tepui's fault, but called to let them know and see if I could get a good deal on the replacement panels. Well, he said that the panels are pretty difficult to change out if you have never done it before, so instead they were just going to send me out a brand new tent to replace it!

I just wanted to share this story, because I feel like people are very quick to criticize in a public forum(as warranted as it may be), but far less likely to point out when an organization goes above and beyond with customer service that is so uncommon these days.

So, I'm sorry for the novel, but the cliff notes are; if you want a roof top tent, I CANNOT recommend Tepui enough! They are awesome!

Mike S

Sponsor - AutoHomeUSA
We ALWAYS have a shipping disclaimer advising customers to inspect the package BEFORE signing. If any damage is evident, then they may refuse delivery or HAVE THE DRIVER countersign the damage noted on the delivery receipt. I cannot tell you how many tents we have replaced (due mainly to freight damage) for customers in the last 18 years.

We never ship a tent without building a sturdy wooden crate for it. A hard lesson learned.

trabkabab

Yeah, these guys are great. I too had an issue with shipping. I found a very small hole (it looked like a puncture) in my Ayer tent and I contacted them about it. They were kind enough to send me a patch kit and a t-shirt to boot. I'm currently on the fence on purchasing their awning. But if I decide I need an awning, I'll purchase from them, since their customer service has been so excellent.

grogie

Like to Camp
Awesome story. I have an Ayer sitting in my garage (still in the box). Funny thing is, it was shipped during some rough weather conditions last December and went from California to NJ, and then to Indiana. I was concerned what condition it would be in after all that traveling, but the box looks in good condition.

surferdude78

Observer
I just ordered one of the new Tepui Kukenam Ruggedized tents and since I've seen this thread asked how they are packed since I am concerned about shipping damage. Was told that all their tents are packed in heavy duty cartons with 3/8" tempered hardboard pads inside to protect the base against forklift damage.

grogie

Like to Camp
Here is mine. The box looks solid, and as I said it shipped a lot further then it needed to.

7tog.jpg

I'm about to get it out of the box and get the mounting tracks attached. I have to then figure out how to mount it on my trailer? My trailer does not have a roof rack on it, but it does have rails running across the top. I'll probably drill through them and into the lid to attach it. Should be interesting! And I can't wait to give it a try. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles