Tepui Tent RTT

ljrunner05

Adventurer
I'm doing a little test fitting of my new foam pad in my Tepui Autana, but these wind guest have brought up another concern. We are having 5 mile per hour winds with 25 mile per hour gusts right now, what is the best way to button everything down to deal with the wind? The end opposite of the ladder entrance only has the push through attachments for the fly, and I'm worried about them pulling out of the tent. Is it better to have the awning deployed or down during windy conditions?

Thanks for dealing with this Noobs Queations!

Box Rocket

I'm doing a little test fitting of my new foam pad in my Tepui Autana, but these wind guest have brought up another concern. We are having 5 mile per hour winds with 25 mile per hour gusts right now, what is the best way to button everything down to deal with the wind? The end opposite of the ladder entrance only has the push through attachments for the fly, and I'm worried about them pulling out of the tent. Is it better to have the awning deployed or down during windy conditions?

Thanks for dealing with this Noobs Queations!
I don't think you need to worry too much about the tension rods getting pulled out. When they are in place there is enough tension on them that it's very difficult for them to pull out. I've had my rainfly set open with the rods in some pretty strong winds several times and have not had any problems. When it gets beyond about 30mph sustained winds I buckle it down. On the side opposite the ladder, if you don't need access to that door opening you can just leave the rainfly buckled down and avoid any concerns.

mlaing

Hey Box Rocket, the feet on my ladder have failed allowing the metal tube of the ladder to push through the rubber shoes. Can I get new shoes from Tepui?

Box Rocket

Hey Box Rocket, the feet on my ladder have failed allowing the metal tube of the ladder to push through the rubber shoes. Can I get new shoes from Tepui?
I believe so. You'll want to call the shop directly. 800-301-9874. Kyle or Griffin should be able to get you what you need, or help with a solution. Let me know if you can't get a hold of them.

Explorer0863

Adventurer
These particular parts are likely interchangeable. However, it's a common misconception that all the tents coming from China are made in the same factory with different logos slapped on them. There are literally dozens of factories in China that are now manufacturing tents, many of which use the same basic designs. But it's important to note that there is a very wide range of materials used as well as quality. And that can also be the case for a factory that is producing tents for two different companies in the same facility. Bottom line is all RTT's are not created equal. There have even been cases of material grade/weight not being what is advertised. There are still a lot of great tent options out there, just do your homework and pick the one best suited for your needs that will give you quality and durability.
If you've followed Tepui for any amount of time you'll know that they are consistently the first to innovate and bring new ideas and designs etc to market. The Ruggedized models are one example, and there are other companies now doing their own versions. The weather hoods are another example. There are some new exciting things currently in the works at Tepui that will once again bring innovation and top quality to the market soon.

Hey Adam,

Still looking. Do you have the mounting brackets? I only need 2, not the whole set. Thanks!

Yarjammer

Wellreadneck
Hey Adam,

Still looking. Do you have the mounting brackets? I only need 2, not the whole set. Thanks!

If you are in a pinch, you can use Yakima/Thule (depending on your base rack) mounts. I used the Yakima ones on my Gobi with some tread tape wrapped around the bar and they worked just fine.

Box Rocket

If you are in a pinch, you can use Yakima/Thule (depending on your base rack) mounts. I used the Yakima ones on my Gobi with some tread tape wrapped around the bar and they worked just fine.
We may be talking about two different things. Maybe I'm mistaken but it sounds like you're talking about the mounting rails themselves.

The parts that people are looking for are the brackets. These are the pieces not in stock at the moment.

Yarjammer

Wellreadneck
The parts that people are looking for are the brackets. These are the pieces not in stock at the moment.

These are what I swapped out for the Yakima rack attachment (pic below) and a washer. My RTT isn't mounted up, but I'll see if I can find the parts in my messy garage and show what I did.

wraps.jpg

Box Rocket

These are what I swapped out for the Yakima rack attachment (pic below) and a washer. My RTT isn't mounted up, but I'll see if I can find the parts in my messy garage and show what I did.

wraps.jpg
Gotcha, I suppose those would work in a pinch but I'd be worried about breaking the plastic. A lot heavier forces on those with a tent than with a ski rack. Better than nothing.

stingray1300

Explorer
We may be talking about two different things. Maybe I'm mistaken but it sounds like you're talking about the mounting rails themselves.

I have two (2) "sliders" with bolts - NO stainless bottom plate available. Of course, I could make some for you ($10 each). I had to order a full set of 4 (the only way Tepui sells them) because I added a 3rd cross bar on my Thule roof rack, so I needed only 2.
I'll take $15 for the sliders/bolts - pair/shipped
PM me.

Azrunner27

Observer
FINALLY picked up an Autana. Love this thing. Took it out for a trial run to camp out for a local REI garage sale. Extremely confortable and cant wait to get it out in the back countrty. Only issue I have had is getting the ladder to lock in place properly. Sent Tepui an email and wating to hear back. Hoepfully I can get this resolved quickly.

Tepui_zpsyny1zqrh.jpg

Explorer0863

Adventurer
I have two (2) "sliders" with bolts - NO stainless bottom plate available. Of course, I could make some for you ($10 each). I had to order a full set of 4 (the only way Tepui sells them) because I added a 3rd cross bar on my Thule roof rack, so I needed only 2.
I'll take $15 for the sliders/bolts - pair/shipped
PM me.

PM sent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier