**Tepui RTTs and Accessories**

F8LZ71

JustinCaseWages
Anyone have pics of the Baja in the wild?

I didn't see any posted so here you go. Brand new as of last week. Baja Kukenam :)
attachment.php

Looking to add a new memory foam mattress though. The stock unit was horribly uncomfortable for me (6'3", 186lbs) and my GF (5'4" 118lbs).

Box Rocket

Adam;
Need a current ETA on the Kukenam plush mattress. Can you confirm with any certainty you'll have stock by 06/13?
Thanks.
Just got word back but do not have a hard date. We do expect them to be in stock this month but I cannot guarantee we'll have them before the 13th.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
I didn't see any posted so here you go. Brand new as of last week. Baja Kukenam :)
attachment.php

Looking to add a new memory foam mattress though. The stock unit was horribly uncomfortable for me (6'3", 186lbs) and my GF (5'4" 118lbs).

It seems your image did not link properly. Could you try it again?

cheesebot

I'll post mine, please excuse the not-so-exotic location: Tepui Baja Kukenam Ultralite in gray.

34834807010_ee5e0c1bb3_b.jpg

Thanks, Adam, for a very pleasant transaction.

Last edited:

Mccaf

Adventurist
Question about the Autana XL SKY Tan:
I'm building a jeep trailer that has a box of 4'W by 5'L on a 9' frame.

The welder is getting to the RTT rack stage of fabrication. My wife wants to get the
Autana XL SKY Tan which closed is spec'ed as
Size (Closed) 72" x 48" x 12" (WxLxH)
Size (Open) 72" x 122" x 52" (WxLxH)
Sleeping Footprint 72" x 96" (WxL)

So which way would I mount the RTT and is it too large for this dimension of trailer?
Which way would it open with the RTT racks as shown in the pic?
I would like to open the RTT to the side; like most people do naturally, and not over the stern of the trailer.
Will this work on this trailer?
I still have some options on the design.

Note. I am building a 4Wx5L box, pictured is a 4x4' box
IMG_2314.jpg

Box Rocket

Question about the Autana XL SKY Tan:
I'm building a jeep trailer that has a box of 4'W by 5'L on a 9' frame.

The welder is getting to the RTT rack stage of fabrication. My wife wants to get the
Autana XL SKY Tan which closed is spec'ed as
Size (Closed) 72" x 48" x 12" (WxLxH)
Size (Open) 72" x 122" x 52" (WxLxH)
Sleeping Footprint 72" x 96" (WxL)

So which way would I mount the RTT and is it too large for this dimension of trailer?
Which way would it open with the RTT racks as shown in the pic?
I would like to open the RTT to the side; like most people do naturally, and not over the stern of the trailer.
Will this work on this trailer?
I still have some options on the design.

Note. I am building a 4Wx5L box, pictured is a 4x4' box
View attachment 405562
The Autana XL will work fine on your trailer I think and would work best opening to the side. You are correct that the closed footprint of the tent is slightly bigger than the box of your trailer. It shouldn't cause any issues and width will be perfect. You'll get a bit of overhang at the front and back but it should not extend past the tongue box or the spare tire so I think it will fit and look great!

Box Rocket

Adam, you may want to have the home office check how the hook & loop is being sewn on the luxury mattress covers. I just noticed that the one on my new Autana luxury mattress has the loop side on the cover, so it doesn't attach to the loop side on the RTT's floor straps. My two year old mattress cover has the hook side sewn to it.
Thanks for the heads up! I'll make sure they are aware. Let me know if we need to do something about yours.

MtnClimber

Ready To Explore!
Last week upta Seboomook Wilderness Campground on the Northwest Corner of Moosehead Lake in the great State of Maine..
Ruggedized Autana:
19366193_823355787833098_6799794547645086731_n.jpg

jorgec

Observer
I just received my my tent and awning.The packaging is impressive! Can't wait to get it all open. Thanks Adam

sned

Point Reyes, CA, Our first trip with the Autana Sky. Took us about 15 to 20 minutes to setup with the annex but I'm sure it will go much faster over time.

Dog sleeps in annex as she's 60lbs and doesn't liked to be picked up.

Great conversation starter as lots of people stopped by to check it out and ask questions.

tepui trip2.jpg

Last edited:

Box Rocket

Point Reyes, CA, Our first trip with the Autana Sky. Took us about 15 to 20 minutes to setup with the annex but I'm sure it will go much faster over time.

Dog sleeps in annex as she's 60lbs and doesn't liked to be picked up.

Great conversation starter as lots of people stopped by to check it out and ask questions.

View attachment 405839

Looks great! Yes, setup and take down times will get quicker with practice. Also, one little trick I learned when I had the Kukenam Sky...
You don't need to fully remove the rainfly to use the sky windows. I would just roll the rainfly to the center peak of the roof and put a bungee around it. That way if it did start to rain, it was simple to roll it back into place and not get caught getting wet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94