**Tepui RTTs and Accessories**

stratosthegreek

The tent will come with all the mounting hardware. You'll want some kind of rack with a minimum 150 lb capacity. The stock rack may not be adequate on its own. You can look at load bars like the ones from Yakima or Thule. Or there are lots of good roofrack options from companies like BajaRack or FrontRunner. Once you have a rack solution the tent should mount up just fine.

So, I'm not able to find clear answers online and I'm a total noob at most things automotive. Does that mean the long vertical bars are adequate, just the crossbars need to be upgraded? I'm not able to find specifications on my factory setup and at Thule's website they only offer a solution for the crossbars

Box Rocket

Actually none of these were of the Grand Canyon... those were all taken in Southern Utah in the Glen Canyon National Recreation Area. There is a road in the canyon area that one can go explore, Johns Canyon Road. Looking at Google Maps, it appears one could get pretty close to the river if you follow the road far enough.

It was quite beautiful. Sitting and enjoying the San Juan River cutting through the Canyon area did remind me very much of the Grand Canyon.
My mistake. I didn't read or look close enough.

Box Rocket

So, I'm not able to find clear answers online and I'm a total noob at most things automotive. Does that mean the long vertical bars are adequate, just the crossbars need to be upgraded? I'm not able to find specifications on my factory setup and at Thule's website they only offer a solution for the crossbars
The best solution would be a full replacement roofrack. However, I have seen a few 100 series cruisers that have mounted tents to the vertical rails of the factory rack, but Tepui couldn't be held responsible for any damage that could be caused by that. My personal opinion is that most racks for the 100 series mount to the same roof locations used for those factory rails so the roof is clearly adequate. The question is whether or not the rails themselves are capable of handling the weight, especially long term. The factory crossbars are definitely not up to the task.

1MK

ExploreDesert
Picked up a annex from Adam for my Kukenam. Fantastic customer service and price to boot. Can't recommend Tepui enough.

Pleased to report that we were successful at leaving it attached and still able to fit it under the cover. Way stoked on this as it won't make much difference in setup/tear down time.

The key is to lay the ladder flat against the base, and fold the bulk of the annex to the sides.

Tepui Kukenam Annex by The Adventure Continues, on Flickr

Box Rocket

Good stuff! Thanks for posting those photos too. It's a common question that get's asked and these photos will help people understand how to do it and that it's possible with the Kukenam. Unfortunately, there's just a bit too much material on the Autanas and Gran Sabanas to leave the annex attached and still be able to close the cover.

jhberria

Adventurer
Many thanks to Adam (Box Rocket) for getting my Kukenam anti-condensation mat out to me so quickly! I was able to install it in the tent before taking off for my trip to the Hoh Rainforest this past weekend.

As an aside, the Kukenam afforded us a great view of the Roosevelt Elk that decided to come grazing through our campsite.

Topo.Ranger

Adventurer
Any sales going on anytime soon? and is there any dealers that I could go check out an Autana Ruggerized in the Charlotte, North Carolina?

Box Rocket

Any sales going on anytime soon? and is there any dealers that I could go check out an Autana Ruggerized in the Charlotte, North Carolina?
I can always offer 10% off to forum members. Southeast Overland in SC is probably the nearest dealer. Tepui is working on building their eastern dealer base. It looks like there will also be a new one in Atlanta right away.

Azrunner27

Observer
FINALLY picked up an Autana. Love this thing. Took it out for a trial run to camp out for a local REI garage sale. Extremely confortable and cant wait to get it out in the back countrty. Only issue I have had is getting the ladder to lock in place properly. Sent Tepui an email and wating to hear back. Hoepfully I can get this resolved quickly.

Tepui_zpsyny1zqrh.jpg

Last edited:

Box Rocket

FINALLY picked up an Autana. Love this thing. Took it out for a trial run to camp out for a local REI garage sale. Extremely confortable and cant wait to get it out in the back countrty. Only issue I have had is getting the ladder to lock in place properly. Sent Tepui an email and wating to hear back. Hoepfully I can get this resolved quickly.
With the ladder, extend it out from the bottom rung first so that unused rungs are collapsed at the top. There are "half steps" between locking points that will also "lock" rungs in place. If you have other questions, feel free to ask here. I may be able to respond quicker than the guys at the shop since they are usually busy filling orders and may not get to emails until the end of the day.

Box Rocket

If anyone is going to be at Jeep Safari next week, I will be set up outside the Gearheads shop on Main Street all day Saturday (3/26) showing Tepui Tents. I'll have a couple different models there to check out and can answer any questions and take on the spot orders too.
I'll also be at Cruise Moab a few weeks later with the same stuff (as well as some raffle prizes from Tepui) for anyone that will be attending that event.

Box Rocket

If you don't follow Tepui on FB you may have missed the announcement of an exciting new product. Custom Embroidered fitted sheets for your RTT. I just got a set of these and they are really nice if you prefer to sleep with sheets and blankets instead of a sleeping bag. The benefit of these over standard bed sheets is that these are custom fit to the tent mattress with cutouts around the hinges for a perfect fit versus standard sheets that are made for much thicker mattresses and just don't fit well.
Now your Tepui tent will feel even more like sleeping at home in your own bed! 310 Thread Count Egyptian Cotton.
Check them out here!:
http://tepuitents.com/products/kukenam-autana-wedgewood-blue-tent-sheets
Tepui_Tents-sheets-DSC_1121.jpg

radorsch

Adventurer
I don't understand this statement? Is there some design element or flaw with the sabana that requires it be mounted off center? I'm planning to purchase a sabana soon to mount on the flat rack on my 100 series land cruiser but would want it centered and not offset to one side. Please elaborate. Thanks.

Sorry, I just saw this post. I'll clarify, in case anyone still cares :coffee:
My original wording was misleading. The tent would open when centered, but it was very hard to deploy the annex. the problem is the roof of the van is so wide that the track was almost impossible to reach to slide it into and the annex wouldn't touch the ground. If i wasnt using the annex, it wouldn't be much of an issue. It's specifically the dimensions of the van roof (and the fact that its over 8') that gave me trouble. The Autana happens to fit perfectly. I doubt too many people would have the same problem as I did. I apologize for my lack of clarity in the original post.

tmz1m

Observer
Adam, it says your PM is full. Feel free to PM me, I have a question about pricing and availability. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne