**Tepui RTTs and Accessories**

Box Rocket

Springtime is just around the corner and the serious camping season will be upon us. Get your tents ordered now. If any of them are showing as "Sold Out" on the website, we should have a new shipment within the next couple weeks and have just about everything in stock and ready to go.

Box Rocket

Any word on the olive drab ruggedized Autana?

No final word just yet, but it is likely to be happening for this spring. To get it pushed through production and get them here and ready to ship will probably be May at the soonest before they are available.

RangeWalk

Many thanks to Box Rocket on a good deal on a Kukenam Sky and even better customer service. Ordered on Monday and received on Friday. Follow up texts to ensure that I was taken care of during the entire process. I'm a very satisfied customer.

Jeffrey Patrick

I vote for a Ruggedized color in white, tan or olive drab. Do not like the loud orange. What rack would you folks recommend for a 2000 Tacoma Ex-cab? Thanks!

vtlogger

Adventurer
just got my Kukenam and this thing is awesome!! it will be another month or two before I get it on the trailer .. boy what a nice tent ..Thanks Griffin!!!

Box Rocket

Well, the striking dock workers are creating delays. We have two full containers of tents sitting on the boat waiting to be unloaded but we can't get them until the strike is sorted out and the workers will unload the containers. Most recent estimate is mid-March before the issues will be resolved. So all of the tents that we planned to have in stock this week won't be ready for a few weeks assuming the strike ends.

c_mack9

Adventurer
Is the Kukenam Sky supposed to have the bungees inside that help pull the fabric in when folding it up? I opened mine up for the first time last night and couldn't find them. I did notice that the poles are wrapped with the canvas though, wasn't expecting that.

Box Rocket

Is the Kukenam Sky supposed to have the bungees inside that help pull the fabric in when folding it up? I opened mine up for the first time last night and couldn't find them. I did notice that the poles are wrapped with the canvas though, wasn't expecting that.

The bungies have been removed from the latest versions of the Sky models.
We were seeking better ways to waterproof the tents after several mentioned this as a point of access since the hooks can easily pull the sealing tape off the canvas. We also removed the roof velcro tapes since they are being used with clear windows, improved roof seam sealing, sealed the lower zipper gimp, increased fly clearance & modified the fly construction to reduce by half number of seams. Also fly waterproofing is improved to 2000mm/wp.
So basically you have a "new and improved" Sky model with better waterproofing.

Our Kukenam Ruggedized in haze grey is ordered! Can't wait to take it out... This is our first RTT, shopped/lurked/drooled for about two years. Thanks Adam for all your help!

Well, the striking dock workers are creating delays. We have two full containers of tents sitting on the boat waiting to be unloaded but we can't get them until the strike is sorted out and the workers will unload the containers. Most recent estimate is mid-March before the issues will be resolved. So all of the tents that we planned to have in stock this week won't be ready for a few weeks assuming the strike ends.

That is depressing news! I just shot you a PM about ordering an Autana Ruggedized and saw this afterwards. The old RTT has been sold and the FJ looks naked without a tent! I suppose it will have to endure without a hat for a while longer.

Box Rocket

Our Kukenam Ruggedized in haze grey is ordered! Can't wait to take it out... This is our first RTT, shopped/lurked/drooled for about two years. Thanks Adam for all your help!

Thanks for the order! I think you'll love the tent.

Any word on pricing for the up coming Gran Sabana Ruggedized yet?
Tepui has done a very small run (10 tents) to start. We'll gauge the interest on this first batch before deciding to do another run of them. Keep in mind these will be a heavy tent. With the large size of the tent with the upgraded materials of the Ruggedized models, including a full annex of Ruggedized canvas, it will add some weight. Don't let that scare you off if you are looking for a big, tough tent, but it's something to be aware of. I don't have exact weight numbers but I'll share them as I get them.
Retail cost for the Ruggedized Gran Sabana will be $2300.
It appears that the dock worker strikes have reached some kind of resolution and we should get our containers unloaded soon and ready to ship. I'll keep you all posted. Thanks for the patience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles