Tepui Low Pro 7"

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
From the homepage: https://expeditionportal.com/new-overland-products-at-outdoor-retailer-2018/

Tepui has released what they claim is the thinnest tent on the market, the Low Pro. (Go Fast Camper’s tent is claimed to measure in a little thinner, so we will have to personally check out both to be sure.) At just 7″ thick though, this soft-shell roof-tent is certainly one of the thinnest on the market. It features a new lighter tent material, sturdy non-PVC cover, and an all new tech-base that has better insulating properties and is designed to take abuse without scratching or denting. We also must admit that despite how bad of an idea white would probably be on a roof-tent, it looks really good on the showroom floor. Pricing will start at $1,625 USD, and will likely mirror the September release date.
DSCF7117.jpg
DSCF7118.jpg

DSCF7157.jpg

I’ll also make brief mention of the new lounge and kitchen kits Tepui will be selling. They’re quite comprehensive, and the chairs are especially nice, but our favorite part is that they all fold into a bag which fits in their hard shell tents closed. Who doesn’t love nesting gear? Also yes, those chairs are designed to hold wine glass stems as well as cups.
To learn more, check out their website here.

Last edited:

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
I love the 7” closed thickness? Two things I’m wondering......
How much does it weigh?
Where is the ladder stored? The cover looks flat with no ladder bump, which is great because I hated the extra height.

Last edited:

grogie

Like to Camp
I do like the moon roof, and being thiner is a great idea. Can you still leave sleeping bags in it and close it up? It looks like the footprint of my Ayer, which I love, and I can leave sleeping bags in the Ayer. That inside light is cool too.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
I’m also hoping the moon roof is waterproof enough to go without the fly most of the time.

TOUGE

Any one heard any updates on this tent? Here and several other online sources said September release but it's not on the Tepui website or anywhere else.

Last edited:

velans

I did, it's slated for early 2019.
Any one hear any updates on this tent? Here and several other online sources said September release but it's not on the Tepui website or anywhere else.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Wallygator

Adventurer
Patience. More info will come. Early 2019 is the latest word I have as well.

I understand that, I was referring to the OP's original post that stated, "check their website for more info"...none of the new info is on the site right now. Look forward to seeing it on the site when it happens.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Wallygator

Sadly that was a marketing blurb from their release at the outdoor retailer show. On Facebook they told me September, but now it seems 2019 is the date

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior