Tepui Hybox on Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform

BLK2000TJ

rack.jpeg

I have a 5th. Gen 4 Runner with a Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform. Looking to get a Tepui Hybox RRT . The mounting rail spacing on the Hybox is 21-1/2" which doesn't line up with the openings on the Pioneer Platform. Has anyone had similar issues with the Pioneer Platform ? What did you do as a workaround? I have the accessory bars rhino rack makes but they sit flush to the platform. From what i've been told Rhino Rack doesn't make any cross bars that are elevated off the platform.

Last edited:

dstock

Explorer
I went with 2 sets of accessory bars and Frontrunner Quick release mounts. I only went with 2 sets of bars because I couldn't change the orientation of the RTT mounting tracks as I mount my tent on our trailer as well. Frontrunner makes non-quick release brackets for about $40.

i-cRqVFTj-L.jpg

BLK2000TJ

I went with 2 sets of accessory bars and Frontrunner Quick release mounts. I only went with 2 sets of bars because I couldn't change the orientation of the RTT mounting tracks as I mount my tent on our trailer as well. Frontrunner makes non-quick release brackets for about $40.

i-cRqVFTj-L.jpg
How do the Front Runner Quick Releases attach to the accessory rails.

BLK2000TJ

rack1.jpeg
Thanks for the info. I'll need to do some research on the Front Runner Quick Releases and see how / if they work with the Tepui mounting system. I'm surprised Rhino Rack doesn't make an elevated cross bar for the Pioneer Platform. My biggest issue is the spacing of the Tepui rails just catches the edge of the platforms. If the spacing were 3-4" wider I could just drill the platforms.

Last edited:

dstock

Explorer
View attachment 551574
Thanks for the info. I'll need to do some research on the Front Runner Quick Releases and see how / if they work with the Tepui mounting system. I'm surprised Rhino Rack doesn't make an elevated cross bar for the Pioneer Platform. My biggest issue is the spacing of the Tepui rails just catches the edge of the platforms. If the spacing were 3-4" wider I could just drill the platforms.

No problem! Frontrunner also makes non-quick release brackets for about $40. Is it possible to rotate the Tepui rails East-West instead of North-South? I could have done this on my CVT and only used one set of Rhinorack accessory bars. Another option might be these accessory feet for the Kargo Master brand racks. These Tombstone mounts combined with a round cross bar might give you an easier option:

http://kmsafaristore.com/en/congo-accessories/208-tombstone-mount.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior