Tepui Awning Extension First Setup

Torq

Observer
I set up my Tepui Awning Extension for the first time today and I'm trying to sort out how the internal support bars are supposed to be situated. It seems like they should lock straight, not at an angle. But when I try to lock them straight, it seems like it puts undue stress on the other joints.

Anyone know whether they're supposed to remain angled as they are in the picture?

Extension 5.jpg

Extension 6.jpg

Extension 4.jpg

Torq

Observer
This is a fairly standard pole structure design. Those arms definitely need to be extended to lock straight. It usually takes a bit of force to do so, and many tents have little velcro straps to wrap around/lock the poles once they are in this straight/extended position.

I'd certainly assume so. It just seems to put an inordinate amount of stress on joints that shouldn't be stressed. Have you set one up before?

[Nice Tacoma by the way!]

Last edited:

acg

Adventurer
I have the same tent. The plastic joint should be popped up the other way (upwards).

Torq

Observer
Awesome. Thanks for the replies. I'll try your suggestions next time I set it up.

It also came with one loose pole. It's an adjustable telescoping pole with the C-shaped plastic connectors on either end. Is it meant to go across the front of the tent, on the floor, right under the doorway to hold the two folding legs a set distance apart?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles