Tent with Stove Jack AND floor

Mdmeltdown

Any suggestions on a tent with a stove jack and a floor you can stand up in? I have seen several options in the Bushcraft world but I'm not looking for that kind of minimalist setup. I do realize stoves are hot so are there any with a peel back floor option or something similar?

Mdmeltdown

It's for camping in the lower 48; no high elevation

Yurts are cool. Looking for something a little more setup friendly.

The Russian one is cool. Pricey and it has 6000 guy ropes looks like.

roving1

I have a stove jack and a floor in my RTT annex. Over the years I have decided the floor is utterly pointless. In winter the snow and ice melts making the floor slide around and potentially pull the stove over as you try to walk around. Without the floor the ground will eventually dry out and be easier to deal with. Trying to keep the floor clean is the biggest waste of time ever. It's way easier to let the floor be dirt and keep a rug or a mat and keep a small clean spot. The floor is also impossible to dry out and pack in a timely fashion.

I would make sure it's a removable floor in case you also some to the same conclusions over time. I don't even pack the floor anymore.

greg.potter

Adventurer
I have been thinking about buying a couple of these to make a fly-in ski camp for a few years. I would include a fold-up composite panel floor - the locations that it would be used at would have 2-4 meters of snow on the ground in March. Need to get past the "thinking about it" phase.

Mdmeltdown

Those Arctic Oven ones are the type I’m looking for but holy cow! I’d love to drive a Ferrari but I can’t afford one. Are there any tent options south of $1000?

Mdmeltdown

There has to be a market for something under $1000. For every one of those multi-thousand dollar ones, I'd image there are 100 cheap Colemans, Eurekas, TexSports, and Walmart ones sold. I've got a Kodiak Canvas, but I'm not too anxious to cut a hole in that $800 tent.

This Hercules Tent would work. Anyone have experience with one of these? They look to be on back order till Marty gets back in his Delorian

1614570346140.png

Grassland

Esker arctic fox or classic 10x10 or 12x12.
No floor tho. One pole in middle but u have to stake out corners and guy it out. Some side wall, enough to sit up in, can stand up in center.
Was going to buy a 10x10 so we aren't lugging around and setting up the 14x16 when only three of us go. But like everything else sold out when I was looking.

dcg141

Adventurer
Luxe has bathroom floors available for most of their tents. Dave Ellis also will sew floors into his tents.

Man

Springbar has a tent that fits your needs. But it isn't as tall as the Kodiak. It is only like 6' high inside, but it has the stove output and floor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior