Tent for long term use

TGAMO

Observer
For quick set up and ease of use i prefer the Hennessy hammock system. really comfortable and light weight. Easy to setup and take down. But i think the original poster was looking for long term use, which in my mind, is an easy candidate for a Terra-Nova, which also was brought up by the original poster. For other brands SlingFin was a second choice for us, but they are really nice as well, and designed for long term expedition use as well..

Terex

Adventurer
So is it now against forum rules to comment on anything that we desire?

Really. I find all of the threads useful repositories of information. For this particular use, I think all of the posts are useful, including any updates on equipment and experience with the stated service parameters.

TGAMO

Observer
Really. I find all of the threads useful repositories of information. For this particular use, I think all of the posts are useful, including any updates on equipment and experience with the stated service parameters.

I agree as well. A forum is a repository of information to be updated by the community for the overall knowledge base to grow. Any updates to old thread are very useful imho, as other members may have need for the same info. I know that i reference the old threads on a regular basis.

Honu

lost on the mainland
I also prefer say a thread that is 3 years old with 80 replies over time vs 10 new threads with 8 replies ;)

gravityzxs

I would also go for an Oztent, I have setup a 4 person size one by my self a number of times and the canvas stays cool in the Arizona desert yet will keep of the rain with no problems.
Also the front gives good shade for sitting outside yet staying dry.

It will pack nicely in the bed of a truck, the stowed shape is goofy for most people with an SUV as it is long/narrow but for a truck bed it is perfect.

I would also agree on the cot use as you get storage under the cot so you end up with more useful space than you think. However please use cut bits of foam sleep pad or something under the feet of your cot to protect the tent floor.

While an Oztent didn't work for me, I really think it meets all your needs.

How do you thin, is Ozten tent will be good for two or three people for usmmer camping? Is it a budget-friendly brand of tent? I just aks, becasue Im looking for a good tent too.

James86004

Expedition Leader
Oh, sorry guys, I did't noticed that the thread is old...:)

It's not all THAT old, and the info is still very relevant, especially if someone has something new to add. Better than searching through a dozen threads for the same info.

All I can add is our trusty REI Basecamp 6, which was our home for 7 weeks this past summer in Central America and was very good to us, just died an untimely death in Baja. The wind ripped it, and also downed several nearby trees. So we are looking for something better, since we would have been in a world of hurt if we had been further from home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94