Tent Cot Collapsable Double

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
I have owned several Camp-rite Tent Cots over the past eight or so years. Still have the original CCTC in my collection of tents. Recently I was in Sportsmans Warehouse and I saw a CCTC Double on display. I'm thinking this might be my answer to a very quick camp set up with room for me and my dog. Sleep off the ground so rocks, roots and crawling creatures are no bother. About the only negative I'm seeing is heavy at 42# and bulky at 12x12x42 folded but when car camping who cares? Any input from other users appreciated. Please don't tell me about your Coleman or whatever. I'd like to keep this thread on topic for the CCTC Double only.

Thanks in advance,
Ace

01tundra

Explorer
Love my Kamp-Rite double tent cot. I wish it folded as small as my single, but it's great once you get it to camp. I really like the extra head space. One thing, there's a bar that runs the length in the center, so if you're sleeping solo you need a full-width, thick pad (like a Paco) to cover over the brace bar or you get relegated to one side or the other.

*Edit - I just noticed that they have a "compact" double now (CTC). Mine is the original double, not the compact. The compact looks nice, folds smaller than mine.

Last edited:

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
I'll have to check if the CCTC Double has that bar. I don't believe it does but it wouldn't matter in my case as my dog would force to one side anyway.

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
Tried one at Sportsmans WH recently and it does have the bar down the middle and I could feel the support legs sitting in it. Decided not for me.

osuguy81

I have the original double cot tent. I modified it to attach to the top of my Jeep. It does have the bar down the middle but with a Alps Mountaineering Double Self Inflating Sleeping Pad in there it is quite comfortable. The sleeping pad is two singles that Velcro together so that runs right along the bar. Here is a pic of it while camping in Colorado last summer.

Attachments

• IMG_5126[1].jpg
    IMG_5126[1].jpg
    559.4 KB · Views: 41

big a

Adventurer
I have the original double cot tent. I modified it to attach to the top of my Jeep. It does have the bar down the middle but with a Alps Mountaineering Double Self Inflating Sleeping Pad in there it is quite comfortable. The sleeping pad is two singles that Velcro together so that runs right along the bar. Here is a pic of it while camping in Colorado last summer.

That's a cheap rtt!!!! Awesome!!!

I don't know how big your dog is, but I have the oversized tent and I love it, and it doesn't have a bar that runs down the middle. It's 32x90.

I have a queen size memory foam pad that I fold in half and lay inside. Add a cpl blankets and my sleeping bag, and I'm comfortable! My friends make fun of me, but I slept on the ground too many nights while in the military and I'm not doing that anymore! A good night's rest is important when camping a few days at a time!

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
As I said in the OP I have owned several Tent Cots including I believe three of the oversize like yours ^. I bought the first one or two while traveling full time and used them when on trips that would usually require a RTT or ground tent. Then I'd get tired of lugging them around and sell them. I later got a CCTC for its small packed size but it's too small for me and a 60# dog. I still have it and used it for a travel partner while in Mexico for two weeks. Always remember an Ol hunter who saw me setting one up and asked if it was a bear burrito.

big a

Adventurer
Understood. I should've read closer, and it might've helped had I known what a cctc was :)

After a search I got ya! I agree they are bulky and heavy to lug around. Well, I hope u find a workable solution!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles