Tent and awning capability

resqd1

Adventurer
Ok so for four adults off the ground on a JKU the best option for height wind resistance and size is a habitat In my opinion. That being said I also want a large 270 awning. So I am looking for options. The habitat though does not allow for mounting of a 270 awning. ..... I love the size of the Nemo tent when it folds forward in the habitat and the fact that it doesn’t stick way up over the vehicle is amazing. I have not found any hard tents that fold forward like the habitat everything folds sideways and isn’t as large. Am I missing something?

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
I think four adults in a Habitat atop a JKU is asking a lot. I can't think of anyone I want to be in that close proximity to for one night, let alone a series of successive nights. It's just not going to be comfortable, and where are you hauling four adults' gear in that?

resqd1

Adventurer
I think four adults in a Habitat atop a JKU is asking a lot. I can't think of anyone I want to be in that close proximity to for one night, let alone a series of successive nights. It's just not going to be comfortable, and where are you hauling four adults' gear in that?

It is my 8 and 10 yr old. They are just big boys.

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
My recommendation would be for a really good, modular ground tent. Like the Gazelle hub tent and Gazebo. Something quick, easy, and flexible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior