Tembo Tusk Scottle Recipes, Tips and Tricks

MattJ

Adventurer
Anybody know how we could make twist-together leg segment joints, like pool cues have? Now THAT is a nice upgrade that I would gladly purchase . . .

y4mU9Xl8EaYVCQo_h0aVm_HEbwjnS5jvj_GO9Pa0HAQK4q1WhfNaHSWx8wcOJBGd2Q9G0oFR0Lj_kYZnE3lMQ0k3oVlL4ra7JP25bXI384eFLgK1GO_EGH_6YEFVV4PPHZga0h33LiQJIaZGcf9Awa8T8xuWz7aOSUu7k80V8qkDDU4s_uEdv2EK24x5rscyJ5x5vt7ryc3rjhXT-Ct5nXM-w

MattJ

Adventurer
Thinking more about it, Tembo Tusk needs to start selling a premium version of the skottle kit: twist together legs, eyebolts with 2/3rds of the threads removed for faster mounting, and a drop-down mounting solution that allows the burner to maintain a nice, low simmer. I'd pay 50% more for those options.

y4m21DXL9Wv0USRXbijlsHUrclOhaQYT57-FiKmINoSKq5bPCXc41m-HZzcXpLeU4QNCvf94ClCSqnhP1pjKGUGJa2OOsCqkjQc-9o97tTj9aHCiMSp9O2CAzGYZ7CrePj61WFpURMP1pNCesD8KHG-1eyD_iIyxmcXSNiRp4MdXRY4xX3C8GCIjKpVJkzlhsJBGbySg3WbvOwzomsQn8eh4A

podgos

Hopefully this isn't bad form chiming in on this thread, but does anyone have a skottle they'd like to sell? I'm on the hunt and haven't had any luck yet.

MuckSavage

Adventurer
From last week....Scottle Fajitas. Finally learning to control temps. Washed down with my neighbor’s home brew tropical wheat IPA.

A14B0543-C40D-4653-A412-68E7E0C59BD7.jpegF231EC90-C444-43D2-828F-68D21E199285.jpegBD17399E-AC20-4893-9173-25D5E5F4990E.jpeg

ab1985

Explorer
We just returned from a 9 day CO trip where we flew in, rented an RV, then flew back. I packed my skottle legs in a checked bag and carried the rest on in the BROG bag. Lugging the disk around the airport was a little inconvenient, but we had no issues with security and I was so happy to be able to cook outside while we were there.

cactusjk

Explorer
Jerry continues to take in all the comments and has added a few small items to the TemboTusk site. What an amazing piece of kit!

Last edited:

TemboTusk

Rendezvous Con
We just returned from a 9 day CO trip where we flew in, rented an RV, then flew back. I packed my skottle legs in a checked bag and carried the rest on in the BROG bag. Lugging the disk around the airport was a little inconvenient, but we had no issues with security and I was so happy to be able to cook outside while we were there.

We took the Adventure Skottle with us to Iceland earlier this year. No problem as well. I think the key is to be ready to cook for the TSA agent!!!

TemboTusk

Rendezvous Con
Jerry continues to take in all the comments and has added a few small items to the TembTusk site. What an amazing piece of kit!

Thank you! We've had a busy year and it has been a while since I was on this site. When I get a moment, I will post up what is new.

GrnRubi

I haven’t seen anything about this but I’m wondering what the recommended cooking untensils are for the Skottle...MIne shipped today and wanted to get needed items while in transit

TemboTusk

Rendezvous Con
I haven’t seen anything about this but I’m wondering what the recommended cooking untensils are for the Skottle...MIne shipped today and wanted to get needed items while in transit

First, thank you for buying a Skottle!

I can tell you what I have tried and use.

Hi temp silicone spatula
Wood spatula
Flexi metal spatula
Spring tongs
Wooden tongs

I personally use a flexi metal spatula and short stainless steel spring tongs with a rubber inserts in the handle part. However, one must be a bit cautious when using metal tools. Don't gouge; always keep the spatula flat against the pan. The seasoning is pretty tough, but it will gouge.

I have a wood spatula and use it occasionally.
It is mostly personal preference more than anything else; I find the metal tools easier to clean while camping.

Scoutman

Explorer

I keep a number of items in out Skottle kit. These get used on just about every trip and have been refined over time. I like everything to be in that one kit so I can just grab it and know it's all there. Some items can be left off depending on what you do with yours. Just use it and figure out what you need.

I have a bag of utensils which contain...
-metal spatula (good quality and made in US)
-metal spoon 3 piece set
-metal spring tongs
-cooking knife
-cooking fork
-stick lighter as a backup to my Primus piezo

Roll of paper towels
2 green propane cylinders
bulk propane hose adapter (for cooking at home)
9" metal cake pan (for doing cinnamon rolls or biscuits)
TT steam dome
wire cooling rack to elevate items for steaming (like Asian dumplings or cake pan)
17" grill grate to put on a fire pit for grilling (not related to skottle but the bag is a good place to store it)

rltilley

I've been using wood utensils primarily on mine. I plan on picking up silicone utensils at some point. I avoid metal utensils due to the possibility of damaging the seasoning on the skottle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste