Tembo Tusk Scottle Recipes, Tips and Tricks

TemboTusk

Rendezvous Con
What's New???

Well the Adventure Skottle is new!!

If you have not heard, I have developed a Skottle grill for the Adventure Motorcycle guys or anybody who wants a smaller, light weight, compact Skottle grill.
It is 12" across and stands 12" tall. I desgned it around the multi-fuel MSR DragonFly stove. It is perfect for one or two people and only weighs about 3 pounds!!!

Adventure_Grill_1024x1024.jpgFront of bag.jpgOpen bag.jpgDragonFly.jpg

ab1985

Explorer
I've seen pictures floating around. This could be a great alternate for solo trips even in a car/truck. Great idea!

Edit: Question - will the MSR stove pack away inside the bag like the Coleman stove and cannisters do with larger version?

Last edited:

TemboTusk

Rendezvous Con
I've seen pictures floating around. This could be a great alternate for solo trips even in a car/truck. Great idea!

Edit: Question - will the MSR stove pack away inside the bag like the Coleman stove and cannisters do with larger version?

I went camping this weekend and it does work great if you just want a quick meal for yourself. Being so small and light, it was not a big deal to pull it out and use it. As for the MSR stove packing. It will fit in the carry bag, however it is a bit bulky. Blue Ridege will be making small bags for the bottle and stove to Velcro on the outside.

cactusjk

Explorer
Really like the JetBoil option! Is BROG making a bag for it or does it fit in the Scottle bag?

Also, any concerns with wind without a deflector?

Last edited:

TemboTusk

Rendezvous Con
Really like the JetBoil option! Is BROG making a bag for it or does it fit in the Scottle bag?

Also, any concerns with wind without a deflector?

The JetBoil MightyMo stove will fit in the Skottle carry bag with no problem. You can even store a gas canister as well. We are testing the MightMo for wind, so the jury is still out. The flame on the Jetboil is very strong, so a moderate breeze should be fine.

odomandr

Observer
What's New???

Well the Adventure Skottle is new!!

If you have not heard, I have developed a Skottle grill for the Adventure Motorcycle guys or anybody who wants a smaller, light weight, compact Skottle grill.
It is 12" across and stands 12" tall. I desgned it around the multi-fuel MSR DragonFly stove. It is perfect for one or two people and only weighs about 3 pounds!!!

View attachment 422669View attachment 422670View attachment 422671View attachment 422672

would this work with the whisperlite stove from msr?

Just ordered the original kit an hour ago. When I head out to Moab tomorrow, I'm going to be looking at my current cook system with disdain. Maybe I should just stay home and stare at the front door until the Scottle arrives?

Let's see some more tips, trick and recipes. I have some catching up to do.

TemboTusk

Rendezvous Con
Just ordered the original kit an hour ago. When I head out to Moab tomorrow, I'm going to be looking at my current cook system with disdain. Maybe I should just stay home and stare at the front door until the Scottle arrives?

Let's see some more tips, trick and recipes. I have some catching up to do.

That is too funny!!! Thank you!

That is too funny!!! Thank you!

Thank you!

Received the Skottle yesterday and immediately made some Elk Ribeye Fajitas with onions, garlic and mushrooms. They were amazing. Can't wait to get it out into the backcountry. Everything tastes better in the backcountry anyway.

So, I've cooked just about every meal on the skottle since I've received it. Call it research and adding to the seasoning. I'm currently rearranging the entire galley in my teardrop camper to get rid of all the other cooking appliances I had built in. This thing is amazing. I became addicted to cast iron cooking recently and this is basically a self contained cast iron setup. Amazing product, I love it. Shrimp Tacos!

TemboTusk

Rendezvous Con
So, I've cooked just about every meal on the skottle since I've received it. Call it research and adding to the seasoning. I'm currently rearranging the entire galley in my teardrop camper to get rid of all the other cooking appliances I had built in. This thing is amazing. I became addicted to cast iron cooking recently and this is basically a self contained cast iron setup. Amazing product, I love it. Shrimp Tacos!

Thank you! I am constantly amazed at how well received the Skottle Grill is. It is humbling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste