Telescoping tube/assembly for raising and lowering awning

Jerkeejoe

I’m just finishing up my trailer and will be mounting a 270° awning on the side opposite the tent. I’d like to be able to store it in a lowered position but then raise it on telescoping poles or tube to the correct height to deploy it.

I know that I can just go get some steel tube and fabricate something myself, I thought I’d see if there were any commercial options out there first. If there are no commercial options, I’m open to suggestions for the best way to fabricate it myself.

krick3tt

Adventurer
Going to need something fairly sturdy to support a 270 awning. I have seen several trailer builds on this site that might give you ideas for supporting the awning and you most probably have to create it or have it built. If you include pics of your trailer you may get more concrete ideas from some of the more creative folks.

Jerkeejoe

Cool. I’ll check out the Cabelas poles. Another thing I’m considering is a telescoping set of this square tube (in 2”x2”x1/8”) since I really only need a couple feet of travel.

Those from Cabela's look like they would be perfect for supporting the Bundutec BunduAwn. Saw them in a video awhile back and wonder where they came from. Now I know.

javajoe79

Fabricator
I don't see those cabelas poles working for this. You might consider a jack for a popup camper roof instead..
pa-viki2515029.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94