Tech gurus, advice needed

Glapin

So, I'll preface this with, I am a tech idiot. I've done some searching but haven't found anything that really has convinced me.

I have a 2006 LR3 (no nav). Who here has done and aftermarket bluetooth radio setup, preferably with apple car play?

I went on Crutchfield and it shows they have a Jensen that is compatible with a dongle that allows for the steering wheel controls. It does say I would have to splice the wires as there is no harness for my vehicle as well as there not being a dash kit, but I figured I could fab something up.

Anyone with experience your wisdom would be appreciated.

Thanks

Howski

I can’t recall does the non-Nav have a rear AUX input? If so, I run something like this. No steering wheel controls or superior audio quality but cheap, easy and works pretty well.

Attachments

• 2406BBC3-57E2-43E5-ADAB-E868A1EC3CA0.jpeg
    2406BBC3-57E2-43E5-ADAB-E868A1EC3CA0.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 21

Glapin

I can’t recall does the non-Nav have a rear AUX input? If so, I run something like this. No steering wheel controls or superior audio quality but cheap, easy and works pretty well.
Yeah, Thanks @Howski . It does have the rear and I've been running something similar. I'm not much for modern vehicle creature comforts but I can't argue with the ease of a modern bluetooth car play set up.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
The LRBT1 will give you Bluetooth and works well. But no CarPlay So you have To use youer phone to select apps. It’s plug and play too.

EchoLeader

Thanks to this thread I discovered and now have installed the LRBT1. Can confirm that this is a fabulous solution. I was using a dongle previously and having the BT turn on/off with the vehicle is benefit enough, but I also feel like the LRBT1 provides improved audio volume and quality (but maybe I'm just pleased with it and telling myself that). I wanted to leave a review on their website, but couldn't figure out how to get myself 'logged in', so I'm touting it here.

Link to British-American Concepts LRBT1: https://britishamericanconcepts.com/product/lrbt-1/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier