Teardrop Recommendations

mvbeggs

Adventurer
AT Mods during frame construction

I have made a few decisions in the last 24 hours. I am definitely going to have one built by a local builder but purchase the frame from AT in Prescott. ......

I don't know how far you are having AT go with your frame build (i.e. water tank installation, electrical wiring routed through the frame members, etc) but you might consider having them add a battery box to the frame. This is where I relocated my battery to help with tongue weight and lower the center of gravity a bit. It would have been super easy during the frame construction and allowed the main battery leads to be hidden by routing them inside the frame. If I were to do it again, I would have definitely had AT integrate the battery box into the frame construction. Just my $0.02

Here's a pic of my modification:
There's 2 Group 31 AGM batteries in there. (105Ahr/ea) Notice it hangs down no lower than the water tank skid and sits just behind the axles/spindles.

photo-1.jpg

Good luck.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Credit for the design goes to Beau on the Living Overland Blog. You can see his setup here. I used a different pump with the same results.

I still chuckle every time I turn it on. I'll get some pics of the water setup and the slide out for the stove. I made the slide out so the stove can easily be removed if I don't want to cook in the back of the teardrop.

-Andy
003_zps284f3598.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94