Tea

Spikepretorius

Explorer
Try get your hands on some Rooibos Tea. It's a herbal tea made from a desert shrub indigenous to the arid Cederberg region. It's been used for centuries by the Koi (Bushmen)

It's super healthy and tastes good.
Rooibos = Red bush

gjackson

FRGS
How did you ever manage field repairs before if you didn't have tea????? As Martyn, Graham, or NickT will tell you, the first thing to do when something goes wrong is sit down and have a cup of tea. A person can work out most any problem while drinking tea

As an FYI, proper tea use is an essential part of Overland Training's core curriculum.

cheers

rwb0481

Observer
I've been drinking tea daily since the camping trip. I start off with either Irish Breakfast or Earl Gray and tend to enjoy green tea more after lunch. I used to drink anywhere from 3-8 cups off coffee a day and have stopped drinking it every morning and switched over to tea. Only about 3-4 cups a day.

One noticable benefit is that I haven't had headaches from either too much or not enough caffiene. I don't wake up needing it either. I think I'm hooked and released at the same time!

D

Deleted member 208026

Yerba Mate Cruz. I got turned onto it by a friend of mine who is a world class hunter based out of Argentina. It’s popular in South and Central America, and parts of the Middle East. All it requires is hot water. It’s earthy, light and just sort of goes with being outdoors.
1573000947281.jpeg

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
Cool thread, my wife is certified tea sommelier with her own on-line tea store, she specializes in very high quality whole leaf tea sourcing straight with family tea plantations in several countries.

She has very high end Matcha both loose and in individual packets you can put in water bottle or make hot tea with. Matcha still relatively unknown here in US but slowly catching on.

Jmansdad

I love herbal teas because I'm sensitive to caffeine. Right now, I really like the Tazo peach tea, you can sometimes get at Starbucks. I also like iced tea.

cowboyjack

Cool thread, my wife is certified tea sommelier with her own on-line tea store, she specializes in very high quality whole leaf tea sourcing straight with family tea plantations in several countries.

She has very high end Matcha both loose and in individual packets you can put in water bottle or make hot tea with. Matcha still relatively unknown here in US but slowly catching on.

Unless it violates the rules, can you post a link to her website?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier