Taser M18L

Carlyle

Explorer
My latest acquisition, legal in most States, not considered a firearm and therefore legal in parks. Great for trail running too! I just need to figure out a way to carry while running that won't bounce all over the place yet will not be conspicuous.

M18L.jpg

BiG BoB

Adventurer
I have but one question, and I'm not meaning to be rude, just to understand a bit better...

Why do you need a taser when you're out bush???

Is it for protection from people or wildlife?

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
They work great. I've been tased bro:)

There should be holsters available or you can have a custom one made. For hiking or running a fanny pack perhaps.

Awesome new toy for sure! I carry the X26 for work every day. I have also used the M26 and have been tased by the M26. The X26 isn't that much better. It has a new shaped charge and some other things that make it better but not much of an upgrade. Although I do like the size of the X26 better. I received my Taser Instructor certificate using the M26. Taser is saying that the M18L is like the M26.

I'm not sure how I feel about people being able to buy these on the street. I got tased and the only thing I remember is a white light, intense pain, no control, and flopping over onto the ground like a Crappie! I couldn't even yell/scream! It's like one big muscle cramp. There have been instances where people could fight through it. I am not one of those people. I think that there should be some sort of permit to purchase a Taser device. Last thing I want to happen is get tased and have someone take my gun and shoot me with it... Good times!

Awesome tool though! :victory:

Bjorn

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Future Weapons on the Military Channel, the other day, featured the new 12ga Taser shell. It looks like an extra long 12ga round and has a range of about 60'. It delievers a 20second jolt that is a bit more powerful than the sidearm version. Very cool development indeed!

I loved being tazed. :xxrotflma So much so I opted for a 2nd round.

And I don't know your legal status, so I would just recommend that if you're able to do so, you invest in a quality pistol, license to carry, and a quality holster to carry in.

:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior