tankless hot water heaters?

McZippie

Walmart Adventure Camper
Since we're off the OP's request, here's what us low tech old-timers use:

Heat some water, dump it in and pump it up. Also you'll find a lot of other uses for one, like cleaning dishes etc.

268163_lg.jpg

McZippie

Walmart Adventure Camper
and cleaning radiators

Yep... market the Hudson sprayer to the 'Expedition' masses.

Re-badge it as an essential survival tool, paint it dull grey, slap on a some 'ARB' stickers and have Aluminus make a rugged off road box to hold it.

bobDog

Expedition Leader
Yep... market the Hudson sprayer to the 'Expedition' masses.

Re-badge it as an essential survival tool, paint it dull grey, slap on a some 'ARB' stickers and have Aluminus make a rugged off road box to hold it.
:sombrero::sombrero::sombrero:My man...I think you are just about to get rich w/ that idea. Don't forget to put 'New and Improved' on the box. Should offer a Camo unit too. You might be able to get containers of them from China for a buck or two a unit.:victory:

chasingdreams

Adventurer
The Zodi Extreme is awesome....... economical, not much that can break. I am a firm believer in keeping camping systems as simple as possible.

I reccommend upgrading the hose to have trigger control at the end point (This helps conserve water).

My wife and I can both take a hot shower and have hot water left in the tank for doing the dishes.

Bogo

Adventurer
I am liking the Solo unit. Here is the best price I found. Link

Anybody see any problems with heating these on a stove top? Any plastic parts to worry about?
I have no idea. My guess is the whole top is mostly plastic, but then that would be removed when heating. You could get a big dial thermometer for temperature monitoring when heating. Gempler's also sells them.

Gempler's is doing $1 shipping until Dec 18, 2010. Enter keycode GA62R00A on the cart page.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles