Tallest tires for OE rims

duchamp

Added 1/4" spacer between wheels. Still a little close but more comfortable with this.
View attachment 703360

What’s the lug pattern/ center bore on the 5 lugs? Are they hubcentric/ lug centric?

The tires look good. That’s basically a 33X10? I’m always going back and forth between getting Yokohama geolanders in the same size, or keep saving for singles.

sackettmw

What’s the lug pattern/ center bore on the 5 lugs? Are they hubcentric/ lug centric?

The tires look good. That’s basically a 33X10? I’m always going back and forth between getting Yokohama geolanders in the same size, or keep saving for singles.
5 lug bolt circle is 208mm I believe (pretty sure. I drew it yesterday) The wheels are lugcentric with tapered nuts but also a pretty close fit on the hub. Spacer is just some 1/4 plate I cut on plasma table. 1/4 is the thickest I could go and still have full thread engagement on outer nuts.

255/85r16 is around 33x10. I had planned to use Cooper ST maxx but I had the ******** Cepeks on another project that has been back burnered. I'm also curious about fitting BFG KM3 since in my experience they are slightly undersized. Yokohama is one of my favorites though.

duchamp

5 lug bolt circle is 208mm I believe (pretty sure. I drew it yesterday) The wheels are lugcentric with tapered nuts but also a pretty close fit on the hub. Spacer is just some 1/4 plate I cut on plasma table. 1/4 is the thickest I could go and still have full thread engagement on outer nuts.

255/85r16 is around 33x10. I had planned to use Cooper ST maxx but I had the ******** Cepeks on another project that has been back burnered. I'm also curious about fitting BFG KM3 since in my experience they are slightly undersized. Yokohama is one of my favorites though.

Thanks for the info. Any chance we could get another pic of the truck in straight profile? I mocked up a 33” bfg from my FJ a while ago. It was a super crude mock up though.

yabanja

Explorer
We ran 235/85r16 on duals for our Canadian Rockies trip a few years back. They performed well enough.

In line with my 8.25R16 idea (actually 225/95R16), there’s several mfgs that make them in highway tread. Obviously the majority are from China, but I seem to recall maybe Continental as well. Probably considerably cheaper than XZL Michelin.
I do know you can order any quantity of the new (unknown dating at least to me) XZLs from Vrakking in Netherlands. I’d order 12 or even 13 for duals; the 6 required, 1 spare, a replacement set, and one for tire eater monsters. Depending on mileage rate.
Very close to South Carolina.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles