Talladega National Forest- 01/29/11

Hatfield

Observer
Good report. I've been wondering about the condition of Skyway Motorway, heard it got paved but glad to see that's not true.

Let me know if you venture up to North Al and need a partner. Just graduated from Auburn, wish I was still there.

stolenheron

Explorer
Thanks man, I've been going back and forth on getting some 16s, but in all honesty I might just start looking around for some larger 18" tires for the wheels I have.

if you can, go to the 16s. There is alot more choices and more "function" (airing down, etc) out of a tire for a 16" rim. BUT my 18s have worked fine for my uses thus far both in mud, rocks, sand, and dirt when aired down and I havent blown a bead.

what lift are you running?

stolenheron

Explorer
Truck is actually 100% stock. I really don't do much wheeling, just forest roads and light trails etc. Also thinking about going 265/65/18

too tall, they will rub...alot. if im not mistaken, i ran 285/60/18s for a few days before i got my lift. the top of the tires rubbed the wheel wells over speed bumps, let alone when trying to turn

Storz

Explorer
too tall, they will rub...alot. if im not mistaken, i ran 285/60/18s for a few days before i got my lift. the top of the tires rubbed the wheel wells over speed bumps, let alone when trying to turn

Good info, thanks :smiley_drive:

MatthewThompson

Adventurer

I've got 265/65/18 on my stock height truck now, and it rubs at the last 5% to steering lock. Not anything to worry about, but they're half tread so a fresh set might be different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior