Taking the Family to Costa Rica this Spring

Ronct110

Adventurer
Ok last year started a thread and got some good responses to our PI trip; thanks: http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...-the-Family-to-Laguna-Philippines-This-Summer

This year's family trip will be to Costa Rica; flying into San jose International Airport in Costa Rica; April time frame; 2 weeks; initial plans are to rent a vehicle w/GPS @ the airport, head to Manuel Antonio and visit in/around coastal areas and perhaps stay in lodges. Otherwise no formal plans or agenda.

Similar theme: looking to do a kid friendly adventure; immerse ourselves w/the locals; looking for activities and lodging suggestions; and hear your family fun experience/adventure in Costa Rica. Thanks!

costa-rica-clickable-map.png

Scott Brady

Founder
You will love it. Costa Rica is beautiful and quite safe. The Lake Arenal area is also very nice, as are the little beach communities.

If you are feeling a little more adventurous, drive to the Rafiki Safari lodge along the Pacific Coast, up in the mountains. I had a wonderful time there and the owner is South African and loves overland travel.
http://www.rafikisafari.com

The water slide alone is worth the visit.
lisashred.jpg

Ronct110

Adventurer
Thanks Scott!

I showed the link to the Rafiki Safari lodge to my two boys and got the thumbs-up; they are very excited; will most likely stay there for min 2 days, hit the water slide and rafting @ the Savegre River. Booked our airfare yesterday, reserved a compact SUV, and now planning our route and lodging. Thanks!

Ronct110

Adventurer
Great pictures Ryan!

My wife is excited about the food and drinks (and massage)! Now if we can only sneak a nanny in the luggage us so she can watch our two young boys while we enjoy the night life (wish).

Thanks.

Ronct110

Adventurer
Thanks Detslider. We are spending time away from San Jose and just got back from La Fortuna; now in Uvita. Here's a pic of our rental while up in Lake Arenal. Beautiful place. Need another 2 weeks (smile). Looking forward to the water slide and rafting @ Rafiki Safari Lodge perhaps tomorrow if not too tired; will make our reserv w/Ralene Boshoff from Rafiki. Kids are having a blast. Pura Vida!

Attachments

• IMG_20120410_002821.jpg
    IMG_20120410_002821.jpg
    380.1 KB · Views: 8

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
Arenal Volcano is pretty sweet, as are the Tabacon hotsprings which are there also. Actually more like a Hot River melted by liqued hot magma. ;) I am hoping to go back next year. The street lights in San Jose have a "White Light" and I really had no idea what those meant. Don't go to Limon., not much there but a shipping port.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online