Taking off to the Great White North

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Looks like good times so far. Great weather too, the summer has been hot and dry, but I guess you are used to that.

Love some of those spots, like Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper, Rogers Pass etc. So many memories as a kid driving around BC. We are so lucky to live here in Western Canada.

photo nomad

Adventurer
Definitely brings back a lot of memories for me. I originally grew up in western Canada.
Here's some pics of a few lakes we visited today between Lake Louise and Jasper.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439615619.244466.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439615638.676210.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basil.

Damn! Looks sweet man. Hopefully you can make it to Moab October 8th.

zzz150

Adventurer
Hey, sounds like a great trip in progress. Last summer i did yukon and a few other places. My suggestion is that once you hit watson lk yk head up hwy 4 and do the nahanni range. If you do this pm me and i will provide you with gps coordinates for a cabin you can spend the night in. Have a look at my in progress and completed threads when you get a chance. For the north canol you must bring extra fuel to get up past the border and back! the north canol was my favorite rd of all last yr, sheldon lk has a beautiful beach you can camp on. The dempster also has some great spots aside from the paid campgrounds.

Wish i was up there right now again!

Last edited:

photo nomad

Adventurer
Hey, sounds like a great trip in progress. Last summer i did yukon and a few other places. My suggestion is that once you hit watson lk yk head up hwy 4 and do the nahanni range. If you do this pm me and i will provide you with gps coordinates for a cabin you can spend the night in. Have a look at my in progress and completed threads when you get a chance. For the north canol you must bring extra fuel to get up past the border and back! the north canol was my favorite rd of all last yr, sheldon lk has a beautiful beach you can camp on. The dempster also has some great spots aside from the paid campgrounds.

Wish i was up there right now again!

I did that exact route, wish I would have seen your post before. Did Nahani Range Rd, then over to the N Canol. Took all my pictures at those areas on my real camera so nothing to post except this one taken while making coffee waiting for the ferry in Ross River. Currently in Dawson City and heading up the Dempster tomorrow.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440031415.768760.jpg

Last edited:

skysix

Adventurer
sad to see the Athabasca glacier so receded, when was a kid you could hike to it from the highway, maybe 1/4 to 1/3 mile only.

aukaiiki

What type of mount are you using to mount the RotopaX fuel cans? I have a '07 FJ Cruiser and I'm looking for a fuel solution without replacing my whole rear bumper.

Great trip...The family and I are planning a similar trip next summer so keep the stuff coming.

Aloha and Mahalo from the Hawai'ian PACNORWEST...

photo nomad

Adventurer
What type of mount are you using to mount the RotopaX fuel cans? I have a '07 FJ Cruiser and I'm looking for a fuel solution without replacing my whole rear bumper.

Great trip...The family and I are planning a similar trip next summer so keep the stuff coming.

Aloha and Mahalo from the Hawai'ian PACNORWEST...

It's a ratchet strap system I ordered from Rebel Off-Road. I can't remember the actual company that makes it, but if you give them a call I'm sure they will be able to help you out.

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles