Taking off to the Great White North

photo nomad

Adventurer
Enjoy your trip... you will be seeing a lot of BC, like most of it. Have a good one!

Will definitely see a lot of BC, but on the way up we are coming through Alberta so we can go through Banff and Jasper along the way.
Camped last night at 9,100' in the Dixie National Forest. Here was the view from my RTT this morning.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439307163.866838.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

photo nomad

Adventurer
Our campsite in Montana wasn't quite as scenic. We stayed in the Dinner Station Camp Ground at the Beaverhead-Deerhurst National Forest.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439393467.692477.jpg

GR8ADV

Explorer
Ah yes. This will be fun. I camped this trip for a month with my son on a moto trip a few years back. I look fwd to reflecting back as I follow your journey. BC is the best part of an AK adventure, don't be in a hurry. A few unsolicited suggestions. Plan to take a vacation from your vacation at Liard Hot Springs on the way up. On the way back, if you are driving take the Cassiar. If you Ferry (highly recommended to Prince Rupert) camp on deck. Not sure of your plans, but would recommend the Dempster over the Dalton if you are heading to the Circle and beyond. GL and enjoy. Can't wait for updates.

photo nomad

Adventurer
Ah yes. This will be fun. I camped this trip for a month with my son on a moto trip a few years back. I look fwd to reflecting back as I follow your journey. BC is the best part of an AK adventure, don't be in a hurry. A few unsolicited suggestions. Plan to take a vacation from your vacation at Liard Hot Springs on the way up. On the way back, if you are driving take the Cassiar. If you Ferry (highly recommended to Prince Rupert) camp on deck. Not sure of your plans, but would recommend the Dempster over the Dalton if you are heading to the Circle and beyond. GL and enjoy. Can't wait for updates.

We will be doing both the Dempster and the Dalton, although probably won't go past Brooks Range along the Dalton. Canol Rd (N & S) in the Yukon is another on our list. The Liard hot springs have been recommended by several people so we will definitely go there.
Here is another ****ty cell phone pic of our camp in Banff. I will eventually post up some real photos!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439485723.774696.jpg

Big mike

Adventurer
Hope your trip is everything and more .
Will be following thread as this looks like something I would enjoy on a lone excursion.
Mike

smlobx

Wanderer
As an Eastener I am jelous!
Please post more pics when you have a chance for those of us stuck behind our desks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles