Tactical4x4 Duel fuel carrier option

iowalr4

Adventurer
I am going to assume you mean the rear swing away dual carrier? I have only used it for one year, but it has been great so far. I like the single latch for both swing outs, and the gas struts hold them out nicely. I like that they don't have the stupid locking pins that require extra hands to close everything up. They also have great fitment. I don't like tire carriers that hang too far out away from the rear. His bumpers also can support rear parking sensors, which I use most of the time. It is easy to take both swing arms off when not in use. I normally don't keep them on the vehicle unless I am on a trip where I need the water/fuel or want the tire out of the way.

IMG_20170810_115106-X3.jpg

IMG_20170810_154601-X3.jpg

IMG_20170810_154530-X3.jpg

IMG_20170810_154546-X3.jpg

99Discovery

Adventurer
For the record, Tactical 4x4 no longer supports the sensors on the rear bumper with tire carrier. I don't know why.

iowalr4

Adventurer
Yes, they are water cans in those pictures. I don't always need fuel on my trips, especially in the midwest. But having lots of water is nice.

For the record, Tactical 4x4 no longer supports the sensors on the rear bumper with tire carrier. I don't know why.

If you ask him, he will still put the holes there for you. They don't make sense if you have the tire swing on all the time because it will trigger it. But if you take the swings off like I do, then they still work fine. You can disable them with the IID tool when the swings are on.

It was a little tricky to fit them, and you need a little o-ring to keep them from touching the bumper.

harbinger808

Adventurer
mahalo mbwesner! i have the same setup minus the dual can holder. seeing your rig made me make up my mind and look into purchasing these this summer when im in cali again.

DiscoDavis

Explorer
As said above they had issues with people's sensors activating from the wheel carrier and tire. The bumper I had did not have this issue but the tire was mounted as high as possible on the arm. Another car that had a bumper from the same order did have issues. YMMV. Their swingouts are well thought out and light for what they are. Grease zerk and gas strut are a nice touch.

NCLRbear

Adventurer
As said above they had issues with people's sensors activating from the wheel carrier and tire. The bumper I had did not have this issue but the tire was mounted as high as possible on the arm. Another car that had a bumper from the same order did have issues. YMMV. Their swingouts are well thought out and light for what they are. Grease zerk and gas strut are a nice touch.
I have a pinched wire on one of my sensors. I don't know if this is causing it to fail though. I've been thinking about getting the duel can holder for mine. It's expensive though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles