Tactical Notebook Covers Binders

minhster714

Cell service can be spotty at best on most trips so I always print out any information and trail maps that I might end up needing. I got tired of boring binders and recently found Tactical Notebook Covers. I am in no way affiliated with them and paid full price for everything. The binder isn't cheap (paid close to $100 for everything) but in my opinion, totally worth it. Quality feels GREAT and the zippers are HUGE. There's also plenty of storage, possibly too much storage where you just want to fill them up. There's Velcro on the front and inside for patches and add ons, there's a large pocket in the back where I like to put books/magazines, the clear flaps are perfect for park/parking passes, front pockets fits my compass, and plenty of room inside for anything you print out and maps. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. You can also find more info and buy it at https://tacticalnotebookcovers.com/. The one I have is the .5-1'' version but they also make larger units.
IMG_20190104_121234937.jpg
IMG_20181210_125329238.jpg
IMG_20190104_121207290.jpgIMG_20190104_124032730.jpgIMG_20190104_125943382.jpgIMG_20190104_124022232.jpgIMG_20190104_124229128.jpg

GHI

Adventurer
I have a very similar looking binder made by Mead, 5 star is the model I think. Can’t remember what I paid cause it was about 25 years ago.

It’s in pristine condition. I’d be willing to part with it for $85 if you want a second binder. You pay shipping. It doesn’t say tactical, but it is black and would also have that vintage nostalgia thing going for it.

nastav

Adventurer
From the website:
“In a heated situation, you need to access mission-critical information fast, lives depend upon it. This Leaders Databook cover system allows you to customize to your own mission requirements. There are many cover options to choose from to make this the most compact, portable and functional information center you will ever own!”

Think of all the lives captain overland will save while accomplishing his mission requirements. Plus I think it has a Velcro patch panel.....gotta rep the brands that you support whilst saving lives.

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
I can honestly say, in tens of thousands of miles of camping trips, other than making a grocery list, I have never needed a notepad. Why?!

D

Deleted member 9101

Like, I totally get it. I do the exact same thing... except I think I spent 20.00 for the binder, water proof paper, pens and pencils, and vinyl page protectors.

Reactions: GHI

J!m

These cater to the shooting crowd for DOPE (data on prior engagements) books.

Yes they are expensive but in their defense it is a fully modular design- you build your exact book a la carte so to speak. If you need something you aren’t finding elsewhere, it might be a good option.

And for the record I use write-in-the-rain pads and Fischer refills in a Parker pen.

tatanka48

beginning @ $15.99 from Target up to about $29.99 elsewhere

AND a buck @ many spring garage sales & flea mkts

i kinda like the purple one from Target

butt i'll check the local flea mkt

just this ole cheapsteak's M.O.

T

Explorerinil

Observer
not gonna lie, seems alot like those old 5 star 3 ring binders that folded back, that cost a whopping 15, and were still over priced
I agree, although guys at work will buy anything and pay anything for something black that says tactical on it... complete waste of money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94