Tacoma Tech...

bkg

Explorer
Okay.. Pseudo tech...

My 04 has a washer fluid reservoir from an FZJ 80 since the SAS/37's interfere with the stock unit. The FZJ pump send to put out more pressure, so the two streams on each nozzle stay water at the top of the windshield (one over the roof). So... I want to change the nozzles to spray style instead... I know for a fact that second Gen Tacoma nozzles wont fit w/o hood brace mods, which I don't want to do... Curious if anyone has other ideas - different models to check, perhaps.

No, I'm not going to post this on TW... But maybe on PBB for entertainment purposes.

Clutch

<---Pass
Adjust the nozzles so it hits the windshield, push pin or a paper clip should fit in the hole.

Like shooting an automatic weapon...short bursts... :elkgrin:

bkg

Explorer
Hmmm. I didn't know that was possible. Will definitely look into that as an option.. Pressure is pretty high; each nozzle literally hits a 1/4*1/4 spot on the windshield, which I hate. Tried to pilfer the units from my '10... No go.

Clutch

<---Pass
Hmmm. I didn't know that was possible. Will definitely look into that as an option.. Pressure is pretty high; each nozzle literally hits a 1/4*1/4 spot on the windshield, which I hate. Tried to pilfer the units from my '10... No go.

Yeah it is a little ball and socket...just adjusted mine the other day since one was shooting over the roof.

how-to-clean-windscreen-washer-jets.WidePlayer.jpg

mtnkid85

Adventurer
Ive read that guys are using nozzles from Camrys and Rav4s to get a fan type spray.
Now, how about some pictures of the 80series reservoir in your Tacoma? Im needing to do the same thing to mine and have been looking for another vehicle to steal one off of.

Skinny

Why not hit up a junk yard and find something that you can embed into the windshield cowling area? You could T them into the factory feeds or run an aux pump when the windshield is muddy. I put a set on my Samurai since the factory single on the windshield frame was junk and the hose is notorious for blowing off. Not only was it near impossible to get back on but would push fluid up under the dash. Two holes later I solved that problem. Could double it up and get some fancy ones for the headlights too...make all the German car owners jealous!

bkg

Explorer
Ive read that guys are using nozzles from Camrys and Rav4s to get a fan type spray.
Now, how about some pictures of the 80series reservoir in your Tacoma? Im needing to do the same thing to mine and have been looking for another vehicle to steal one off of.

Great info - thanks! I'll start looking into the Camry and Rav4.

here are a few pics... had to make the mounts.

WP_20150216_19_51_37_Pro.jpg
WP_20150216_19_51_23_Pro.jpg

EDIT: forgot to mention - we did have to play around with the wiring to get the pump to work. I didn't have the original Tacoma pump, so we just changed the pin-outs a bit. The hose under the cap is the "other" pump. The FZJ ran both the windshield and rear window from the same reservoir.

Last edited:

bkg

Explorer
Why not hit up a junk yard and find something that you can embed into the windshield cowling area? You could T them into the factory feeds or run an aux pump when the windshield is muddy. I put a set on my Samurai since the factory single on the windshield frame was junk and the hose is notorious for blowing off. Not only was it near impossible to get back on but would push fluid up under the dash. Two holes later I solved that problem. Could double it up and get some fancy ones for the headlights too...make all the German car owners jealous!

Not at all interested in modifying the body in anyway for this issue. If there are no replacement nozzles that will work, then I live with the streams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94