Tacoma/Frontier DC Bed Tent?

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Ok I am looking into options for a bed tent since the sweet tents such as Eezi-Awn are way out of my price range. I found this:
CrewCab1.jpg
and was just wondering your thoughts on this tent:
http://www.tentsontrucks.com/crewcab.htm

However, it is cheap dirtectly from the manufacturer here: http://www.napierenterprises.com/tent_detail.php?tent_id=125&returnurl=/tents.php?

$139.95 is more in my price range, but haveing never seen this tent or even thought of sleeping in the bed of my DC, I thought it might bring up some good discussion. What are your thoughts and opinions on this find?

Wil

erin

Explorer
I myself have also considered a bed tent such as that one but am concerned about leg room because of my tool box. Being 6'3", this becomes an issue real quick. Even with the gate down my feet hang over so without some kind of extension. So, I will be one the ground for now I guess. I think with my box, the bed of my xcab will be very similar to your dcad in length, so something to think about.

Attachments

• Lx450 With Trailer.jpg
    Lx450 With Trailer.jpg
    488.2 KB · Views: 521

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
I haven't heard anything negative. I do know a couple of people that have one for their Xterra and they like it.

Scott Brady

Founder
That would be a cool solution, getting you off of the ground, etc.

I think the only downside would be having to take everything out of the bed every night.

flyingwil

expeditionswest said:
That would be a cool solution, getting you off of the ground, etc.

I think the only downside would be having to take everything out of the bed every night.

That was my thoughts exactly. I am just not sure on it and am not sure if it is worth it to stay off the ground. I think it is a neat solution, but not sure it is the right one for now.

flyingwil

I got an e-mail back today from napier enterprises inc in reference to the w-mail I shot them requesting more info on the tent, they asked me for some more measurements, and said they would send out some info. Gave them the new measurement, and we'll see where it goes:

Is the box length measurement with the tailgate up? I will send you an information package.

If you have any other questions, please contact me.

Best Regards,

Jackie Weaver
Napier Enterprises
Designed For The Great Outdoors!
sportz@niagara.com
T: 905.935.0427
T: 800.567.2434
F: 905.935.2918

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2005 4:42 AM
To: sportz@niagara.com
Subject: Message from Napier Website

I want one of your truck tents, but need to know what fits my 2001 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab.

BED DIMENSIONS (inches)
Length: 61.4
Width: 57.9
Height: 15.9

Do you have any product that would fit my truck?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94