Tacoma+Four Wheel Camper $35k

WillTheThri11

Hi All,

I have a 2006/2nd gen Toyota Tacoma Access Cab TRD OR with 4.0 VVT V6 Engine, 6 spd manual transmission, 4-wheel drive with locking rear differential paired with a late 90s FWC Ranger II.

About the Truck,
  • Purchased new in 2007
  • ~98k miles (will increase slightly as I continue to drive it around town here and there)
  • Spent every winter in Southern California, but it's been in the snow once or twice, no salt damage though
  • Fluids recently changed by yours truly (didn't do the radiator yet and might still)
  • K&N air filter kept clean since first filter change interval
  • Rear diff breather relocated
  • Front Diff needle bearing replaced (proactively) with ECGS bushing
  • 3" Dobinsons spring lift with 800lb continuous load rear leaves
  • Dobinsons MRR Shocks on all 4 corners (3-way adjustable for high and low speed compression as well as rebound damping, neither Fox, King nor ARB have this much adjustability)
  • Firestone Airbags (not really necessary but good to level in camp or offload the rear leaves during prolonged storage with camper on)
  • SPC adjustable upper control arms
  • (suspension installed this past January and has two year warranty, has only a couple 1000 miles over the last year)
  • Brand New Falken Wildpeak AT3 E-rated tires

The not so good:
  • windshield has a stone chip and a crack
  • Passenger door has some paint oxidation or clear coat starting to fail (should be an easy respray of that panel (estimates of $150)
  • shift nob leather is worn
  • a bit of desert pin striping
The Camper:
  • 8' Four Wheel Camper Ranger II (saw an ad somewhere for these that had a weight of 595 lbs!)
  • Queen bed (slightly wider actually, but Queen linens work)
  • Twin bed downstairs
  • Camper Canvas is a bit tired and has a few repairs, but to be honest it's still got a lot of life in it (~$1000 to replace if you're picky and want things perfect and factory, also many DIY examples for $2-300)
  • New Vinyl flooring
  • 3-way Norcold fridge works well on AC and propane (never tried it on DC to be honest)
    • These have a reputation for either sucking or being totally fine and reliable...this is one of the reliable ones
  • Atwood propane furnace (i usually run it at the lowest setting of 50F and it does great over night)
  • New CO and Propane detector
  • Sink with new manual pump (could easily add electric for like $20, but this works well)
  • 2 burner Wedgewood Stove
  • Overhead lights changed out to LED
  • New bottom paint
  • Custom welded aluminum frame to eliminate tailgate an retain access to spare tire while traveling (got a flat the trip after I installed this and was very happy about that part)
  • Mounted via rock climbing bolt hangers. Probably stronger than the FWC Tacoma bed bars and extremely lightweight in comparison
Asking Price is $35k (OBO) for a well thought out sorted overland vehicle with all the things you need and nothing you don't.

More photos can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/404194611205595/

WillTheThri11

Thanks, It would work on a bigger truck, but might require modification to the mounting frame...it's a nice narrow camper too that doesn't snag tree branches any more than the truck, even with the Tacoma.

WillTheThri11

Ya, it should work great, might possibly need a higher platform than what I built...could potentially include a storage drawer too...unfortunately, I have a sale pending for the package. Sounds pretty solid, but if it falls through I'll be back on this thread for sure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles