Tacoma bed drawers?

J

JWP58

If anyone has made their own bed drawers to go in their tacoma I would be interested to see how you decided to make them, and secure them to the bed.

I want to build a drawer system to go under my owens dog box that stays in the bed most of the time.

Thanks.

soonenough

Explorer
You've probably already seen this, but in case you haven't, there are tons of good ideas and examples in this thread here on ExPo. Although that thread isn't Tacoma-specific, there are lots of examples in there of drawers in Tacoma beds.

I read somewhere on here recently that one of the major bed drawer/slide manufacturer installs rivnuts in the floor of the bed to bolt the drawer/slide system to. Another option would be to use turnbuckles to anchor them down to a tie-down point.

yedi

Observer
If anyone has made their own bed drawers to go in their tacoma I would be interested to see how you decided to make them, and secure them to the bed.

Not my system and it may be linked in the thread soonenough sent you (apologies for the repeat if it is), but this drawer system has always been one of my favorite designs. Really professional finish and eye for detail. He used a utili-track system in the corrugated bed floor to secure the drawers.

LBPtaco

Rendezvous Conspiracy
I made this a couple weeks ago, forgive the cell phone pics...

IMG-20130305-00532_zpsc8eec8f2.jpg

Space up front for 2 batteries, and eventually a water tank.
IMG-20130224-00514_zps90cf350f.jpg

I was on a roll when i made it so I didn't take many pictures. Its all 3/4" birch plywood and its secured with 4 turnbuckles. It didn't budge last weekend when I went wheelin'. Id guess it weighs 125#, based off 50# per sheet of 3/4" plywood...

J

JWP58

Awesome, thanks for the links and photos.

Whenever I get around to making them I'll have to throw up some pics. I want mine to be simple, light, and removable.

Now I just have to find someone with some wood working tools to borrow lol

hornytoad

Desert Geologist
I'm interested in these too! I have built a shelf and dog grate combo for my old 60 series and see lots of aftermarket stuff for land cruisers but tacos it seems to be DIY onley. I am looking at using a bedslide and a commercial topper with toolboxes for my new rig. Basically turn the whole 5' bet in to a toolbox/california closet.

Wish I had carpentry skills....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles