Tacoma aluminum Pop-up

Motafinga

Adventurer
Looks really amazing, great design and execution! Wish I had half the fab skills you do. Looks like your'e getting some good use out of it too.
Looking forward to the next phase!

Cruiser79

Observer
What a great build! Very professional and good looking. Too bad I can't weld aluminium... :(
How did you make the connection of the sidewalls to the hardwalls watertight? Do you have some detail pictures?

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Wow, this is pretty slick. I love the look and the design of this. There are a bazillion Taco's out there, and this setup would be awesome on oh so many of them.

Well done.

DzlToy

Explorer
Serious business opportunity here man. Great work. I have seen way too many people pay $500 - $2000 for made in China roof top tents that offer less than half the space you have in your design.

REALLY nice RTT's like Maggiolina and Columbus are $3,000 - $6,000 and you have an entire slide in camper for that amount.

:beer:

amo292

Adventurer
Incredible build! Sign me up for one when you start manufacturing lol. Great design and build quality, very impressed.

BentBomber

www.bomberproducts.com
Really awesome man. I have a 2012 access cab Taco, and this just makes me more motivated to have more comfortable living arrangements.

mtntown

I am as amazed as everyone else regarding this ridiculous high quality / high demand custom job. I cant believe that none of the companies offer this design. The People have spoken for many years and no one is listening. I wish I had the skills miniorf has. Your options are a standard leer camper shell or one that is similar. The utility ones are the biggest like this one he started out with. The only other option is to get a Four Wheel Camper or All Terrain Camper. Those cost over 10 grand and are still a bit too bulky/ heavy for my needs. There are a few good camper conversion companies in CA and CO but they are also expensive and they will not touch camper shells... only Astro Vans or even 4runners. The problem there is when your engine blows your custom camper conversion goes to the junk yard with it. The classic Westfalia pop top/ camper interior is awesome. The actual VW not so awesome. Even the 4x4 Synchro VW westys are weak and cost over 30 grand these days. The camp mobile vans get a whopping 4 miles to the gallon and cost 5o grand. The only exact option that is small, compact, functional and desirable is this one. A nice 4x4 Toyota or similar pick up truck married to a Westy. I love how this guy used it to chase powder. I live in Tahoe and I see every option there is as far as truck campers go. I have never seen this. Perfect for a ski/snowboard enthusiast. I would also love to know more about the build and see where he got the parts. I would fly this guy out to Tahoe and pay him to build a similar model. Highlight of my day finally finding one of these on the internet. Thank you!

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Sounds like flippac and maybe one or two others are finally getting into the game of well made flip / pop top light shells. The concept is a great one, light simple, affordable and something that retains the truck bed for typical truck uses. Given the huge sales numbers the past two yrs for trucks its amazing how behind these products are.

sabermutt

Amazing build. I have been waiting for someone to modify an aluminum utility shell with a pop up roof. Projects. . . .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online