TacoChaser-sneak peek

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
erod said:
that rig is sooooo cool! noce work on the new mounts. any worry about the propane getting knocked into off road? super clean set up...keep the pics comin':Wow1:

It has a huge backer plate on the inside of the box. It is an inch within the fender and of course on the TacoChaser it's about 4 feet off the ground!
A lower support bracket is being fabbed next for the tank

elcoyote

Redline said:
Mario:

What's the story about that 'Serengeti' tent? :)

James

The Serengeti was a sample. The fabric, design and sewing quality are excellent but the base & ladder leave a lot to be desired. We tried to negotiate with the maker to merely import the fabric and we would build improved bases and ladders stateside but we could not get to a price point that made sense.

You'll get a chance to look at it at Pyramid and you'll see what I'm talking about.

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Terrific product development! :wings:
Looks great Mario & Martyn!

:sombrero:

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
I'm looking forward to it :)

elcoyote said:
The Serengeti was a sample. The fabric, design and sewing quality are excellent but the base & ladder leave a lot to be desired. We tried to negotiate with the maker to merely import the fabric and we would build improved bases and ladders stateside but we could not get to a price point that made sense.

You'll get a chance to look at it at Pyramid and you'll see what I'm talking about.

pete.wilson

Adventurer
Hey

I have to admit; I really like the looks of the Taco Chaser, only one thing. How about a slightly bigger one for full size trucks american trucks. Have that in a 6.5'-7' length and slightly wider 4' or so. The fenders on the chaser need come out flush with the sidewall of the tires. But I love the overall concept. Anyone know the rough cost (used to be about $4K).

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
I would REALLY like to see this on an 05+ Tacoma... in fact, we were discussing this very thing in Saline Valley this weekend. I think it could be the ultimate Overland Tacoma mod.

Mario, if you need a test rig I'll volunteer. Seriously.

SEREvince

Adventurer
I love it!

Any provisions for mounting a RTT and a spare tire in the 35"+ range? Besides on top of the cab. Did I miss it?

elcoyote

Just to clear up the discussion here about the truck bed conversion for the 2006 Double Cab Tacoma that we started awhile back. Yes it had been put on the back burner in late 2007 because we were far too busy with trailer production and there was not enough time to complete R&D projects. We already have a donor truck for this experimental platform, the owner of which I am not at liberty to reveal. You'll know soon enough. As in all R&D projects, while the vision may stay generally the same, how to acheive it can change dramatically. We are currently involved in experimentation with composite materials in our quest to reduce weight, improve mileage, improve insulation quality and enhance strength. Should our testing prove out to our satisfaction the the bed conversion as well as numerous other AT products will be made from high tech composites in the near future. I am not at liberty to divulge the type of composites at this time.

[Any provisions for mounting a RTT?]

Already done.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
elcoyote said:
Just to clear up the discussion here about the truck bed conversion for the 2006 Double Cab Tacoma that we started awhile back. Yes it had been put on the back burner in late 2007 because we were far too busy with trailer production and there was not enough time to complete R&D projects. We already have a donor truck for this experimental platform, the owner of which I am not at liberty to reveal. You'll know soon enough. As in all R&D projects, while the vision may stay generally the same, how to acheive it can change dramatically. We are currently involved in experimentation with composite materials in our quest to reduce weight, improve mileage, improve insulation quality and enhance strength. Should our testing prove out to our satisfaction the the bed conversion as well as numerous other AT products will be made from high tech composites in the near future. I am not at liberty to divulge the type of composites at this time.

Maybe this is Scott's new adventure vehicle for the upcoming South America trip???

:lurk: :lurk: :lurk: :lurk: :lurk: :lurk: :lurk: :lurk: :lurk:

Last edited:

calfj60

I am very intersted in this....looks really good...any pics of one on either a newer double cab or on one with less lift???

IronSmiles

Observer
I don't know why I'm just now seeing this thread but holy taco thats a sweet rig! Taco's are my secret affairs to my XJ haha. If I had a taco, that would be exactly what I want.. Great build and thread! :luxhello:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles