Tablet Gurus...Need help finding the right tablet.

drpete12

Hi Guys,

Here is what I am looking for but cant seem to find one that fits the bill. I want an 8 inch android tablet (8 inch because I currently have one that is that size and have the ram mount that holds it and dont want to rebuy a new mount). I want one that has built in GPS and cellular ability (T mobile). Here is where it gets tricky. I want one that I can set it to turn on when car turns on (charging port is set to turn on with ignition and turns off when vehicle off). It seems that to do this you need to root the tablet and then there are a few programs that can do this. So here is short list of requirements

1) rootable
2) 8 inch
3) cellular and gps
4) preferably not an 800 dollar tablet as I use it for Gaia (a little bit ) and Waze mainly

Thanks for any help and your suggestions

BagiMT

Naturalist
I recently got a used Nexus 9 with 32GB, has all of the above and still fast enough for mapping applications. You can find them on eBay for <$100. Only thing it does not have is an SD card slot, but you can add one with an OTG cable. Unused it on a couple of trips now and like it a lot. Can't beat the price for a quality tablet.

6978b9b27455007208d97025f1da090d.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: WVI

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior