Tablet for multiple cameras, Gaia, G maps and music?

TroySmith80

Adventurer
The Garmin overlander does look pretty compelling. Frankly though, that and a camera or two are just way more money ($1,040) than i can budget for this project.

I think with a decent used tablet and some rando backup cameras, there's a pretty good chance i could put something together for $200 or not much more.

manoweb

I am also building a system with a tablet (just the screen of a decent modern tablet in the 300 dollars range has screen resolution and quality way superior to any in-dash system I've ever seen, very important for detailed maps. Music can be easily funneled in the car stereo with a 3.5mm audio jack.

I need to come up with a decent solution for cameras that is low latency and works reliably. I have worked on something similar in the past and I hope to be able to use such experience.

JackW

Explorer
I'm pretty pleased with my Samsung Tab 2 Active and Bluetooth Garmin antenna combo - Ram makes a cradle for it that has the charging pins leaving the USB-C port available for other uses.
I'm running Gaia on it and it does well displaying .gpx tracks, I mounted a 1.5" RAM ball to a low phone mount plate on the dash - that way I can swap it between Land Rovers easily.

dashmount.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94