T100 Bed flex & body trimming structural concerns....

Amphibeast

Adventurer
Ok... throwin this out there before I sawzall the T100.... It's a longbed, standard cab. Body lift & 3" suspension going in...

I am going to (planning now) cut the back corners off the bed for extended bumper sliders & new custom bumper & hitch raised for clearance....

Going to chop off body quarter panel about 2" under the bed floor... I figured I would do the same in front of the wheel wells as well at the front of the bed & add some ammo can storage there or under belly tool boxes......

Here is the question.... How much integrity will be lost to the structure & durability overall??? I have a full length shell (fiberglass) on there too

I do not want bed stiffners in the bed as I am planning to convert bed for ZZZZZZZZZ time

Am I in grey area or hack away??????

Mrknowitall

Adventurer
None of that stuff does much for structure. Exception might be the rear corners/crossmember. That forms kind of a u-shape to keep the bed sides where they're supposed to be. As long as you're not cutting into that, you should be ok. Worst case, you can always build a hoop (that goes up and around inside the topper)to tire the rear corners together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94