Switching my life to "not Jeans". Can I get some recomendations for good NON JEANS

old .45

Observer
It must be something in the water. I have been trying to ditch jeans recently and have found the 5.11 Taclite Pro pants to be awesome. The new jeans seem to be very thin and fragile. Its funny when I tried to shop for jeans in my size I mostly found skinny jeans or supper baggy cuts. Good grief it seems I am behind the times in the world of fashion.:costumed-smiley-007
I found a pair of not so heavy waxed canvas double faced pants from LL Bean for bird hunting ,briar proof... have one pair but alas they said the will not have any more of this style,dark green color.....Drat!

Montucky

Director of Post Ride Beverages
Truewerk are the best pants/shorts I've found so far for me. I've tried everything from Fjallraven to Arc'teryx to Carhart to Vertx to Crye. They're incredible.

ITTOG

Truewerk are the best pants/shorts I've found so far for me. I've tried everything from Fjallraven to Arc'teryx to Carhart to Vertx to Crye. They're incredible.

I have been looking at these for over a year but haven't purchased yet. They look like they are a slim fit. If that is the case they will not fit me. Would you call them more of a slim or relaxed fit?

SBSYNCRO

I have been looking at these for over a year but haven't purchased yet. They look like they are a slim fit. If that is the case they will not fit me. Would you call them more of a slim or relaxed fit?

They look slim around the butt/crotch/thigh, but then appear to be quite loose through the legs. That (and the overly stretchy looking fabric) is what puts me off them. I tend to prefer a blend with some cotton in it, and like a slimmer fit through the legs, cause I'm skinny. (though not "Swedish skinny" - those guys take skinny jeans to a new level, LOL)

Montucky

Director of Post Ride Beverages

Relaxed all the way. 40ish now IPA drinker. They're not Arc'teryx slim fit.

ITTOG

Relaxed all the way. 40ish now IPA drinker. They're not Arc'teryx slim fit.
Great, thanks for the reply. Slim fit won't fit over my thighs unless the waist is three or four inches too big. Relaxed will normally work.

Alloy

In the last 10 years I've bought 5-6 Eddie Bauer Guide Pro pants that are so worn/stained they become camping/hiking only pants so last week I ordered more.

The zippers (not Velcro or buttons) on both leg pockets works with one hand and none of the zippers have failed.

The fabric is light (but tough) enough that it drys fast in the summer and flexible so I use 1 or 2 Merino wool thermals under them in winter.

3 complaints
1: they get holes from campfire sparks
2: between 3rd and 4th year the sewing in the pockets lets which needs hand sewing.
3. the back pockets aren't big enough to be of any use. Might be bigger on the latest version

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart

Thought I’d try these but cant get the order through either thru Truework or Amazon. Both say they are in stock but when you select a color it defaults to black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ITTOG

Thought I’d try these but cant get the order through either thru Truework or Amazon. Both say they are in stock but when you select a color it defaults to black.

Yeah I had the same issue. I think it just means they don't have the size in the color you want. I went ahead and bought the black to see how they fit and feel.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler

Nothing new here.

Remember Henry Ford? “You can get it in any color as long as it’s black”?

SBSYNCRO

Black has to be the worst color for pants. Unless you're a member of a SWAT team or want to look tactical (or are waiting tables at an Italian restaurant), I simply do not understand black pants. They fade, show dirt as badly (or worse) than white pants, are HOT if you are hit by sunlight at all, etc. Why, why why?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles