Switching my life to "not Jeans". Can I get some recomendations for good NON JEANS

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
It must be something in the water. I have been trying to ditch jeans recently and have found the 5.11 Taclite Pro pants to be awesome. The new jeans seem to be very thin and fragile. Its funny when I tried to shop for jeans in my size I mostly found skinny jeans or supper baggy cuts. Good grief it seems I am behind the times in the world of fashion.:costumed-smiley-007
Costco has typically heavy denim fabric of the past. There just too heavy and tight for me anymore. The Covid 15# weight gain doesn't help either.

ericvs

Just going to add my $0.02 to this thread. I have been using these pants for a couple years now. I guess they are technically 'jeans' but with a mix of spandex they are nice, comfy and flexible. They are actually bike riding jeans, but I use mine for every day use. I ended up buying 4 pairs so I never have to be without when I am washing them hahaha. Don't wear normal, constricting jeans at all anymore. One zippered rear pocket another normal rear pocket and then normal 2 pocket front with a change pocket.

reinforced knees, reinforced crotch, flexible fabric. I am very happy with mine.

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
Kuhl may have improved their snaps. I just bought a Kuhl jacket with snaps at the cuffs. They are way more rugged than what’s on pants from them bought as recently as August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SBSYNCRO

This is a great thread. There are apparently a lot of us thinking this same thing! I switched from Jeans to Carhartts and Kuhls about 6 or 7 years ago. I literally have probably 10 pairs of Kuhl pants hanging in my closet all in the same color and it drives my wife crazy. I have to say though that I tend to prefer the Carhartts for most things, strangely. They just seem to fit and wear better than the Kuhls and don't pucker at the seams after a few washings (they just get better and better). I've tried 5.11 (hated the fit) and Magpul even came out with a line of clothing that I tried (they were awful).

My second favorite have been various synthetic Wrangler pants. For around $25 at Target and Walmart they cannot be beat and are very similar to the Prana pants at 1/3 the price

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
I literally have probably 10 pairs of Kuhl pants hanging in my closet all in the same color and it drives my wife crazy.

LOL....definition of a man^^^^^^

I've finalize on Carhartt at this point. May end up being a little warm come this summer and may end up looking again at some other brands but Carhartts seem to work for now. (But, can't wear them out to dinner with the wife!)

SBSYNCRO

LOL....definition of a man^^^^^^

I've finalize on Carhartt at this point. May end up being a little warm come this summer and may end up looking again at some other brands but Carhartts seem to work for now. (But, can't wear them out to dinner with the wife!)

Heat of summer I usually switch out the Carhartts for the lighter weight Kuhl’s (that pucker really badly) or the Wrangler “flex” pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
I've been wearing Ben Davis trousers since I switched from Tough Skins jeans as a young lad.
Plenty tough!

krick3tt

Adventurer
I have a workman's kilt that I purchased when I lived in Seattle area (Kitsapp) years ago. Wear it in summer when it gets quite warm in Denver. Still wear jeans though, flannel lined in winter.
Have not found warm pants to compare.

Hourless Life

We've been fans of KÜHL Clothing for years. (Transparently they sponsor us now) But before they ever knew we existed my wardrobe was already filled nearly exclusively with the brand. They look good, and more importantly are durable. I abuse the hell out of my clothes and I've never been able to make a pair of their clothing unusable. The only time I ever get another is when I gain or lose weight. Blame it on the pan in Mexico.

I've heard good things about some of the Prana and Patagonia lines but I've never used them so can't comment. I've also heard great things about Carhartt and 5.11 Tactical if price point is a significant consideration though I've always been of the mentality of "buy once cry once" when it comes to gear you'll be using daily. Again, I've never used those brands, but from what I've heard the Carhartt's are practically indestructible.

As far as KÜHL goes, I really like their Renegade Cargo Convertible Recco pants. They aren't cheap at $109 a pair, but they are really comfortable and can convert into shorts as well. We travel full-time so we literally live out of a duffel bag. We don't have a closet or anywhere to store multiple items of the same time of clothing. So for us, things like convertible pants that give us a pair of pants and shorts all in one are ideal for space saving.

Hopefully that at least gives you one more brand to consider.

~ Eric

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I like wearing jeans but in the winter they are the worst thing a person could wear, As such I only wear them around the house, For wint Moleskins are a lot wamer,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles