Switching my life to "not Jeans". Can I get some recomendations for good NON JEANS

I know these are jeans but the most comfortable pants I own are flex jeans. Have you tried those? Still get the durability and the comfort is top notch.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I know these are jeans but the most comfortable pants I own are flex jeans. Have you tried those? Still get the durability and the comfort is top notch.
You read my mind. I have a couple I use mainly for going out with and they are super comfortable.
I have some of these as well with the stretchy waist. They come is especially handy around Thanksgiving, Easter, Christmas......

snowfiend

These are my favorite pants, Wrangler Outdoor Performance Cargo Pant. You can find them on sale at the outlet for under $15, they are slightly water-resistant, the cargo pockets are internal so they are not super bulky, and they have a stretch waist: https://www.wrangler.com/shop/mens-performance-series-outdoor-cargo-pant-nw780

I really like the Kuiu pants too (attack and tiburon), but you can get a dozen of these for the price of some of their gear.

1585352508667.png

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
These are my favorite pants, Wrangler Outdoor Performance Cargo Pant. You can find them on sale at the outlet for under $15, they are slightly water-resistant, the cargo pockets are internal so they are not super bulky, and they have a stretch waist: https://www.wrangler.com/shop/mens-performance-series-outdoor-cargo-pant-nw780

I really like the Kuiu pants too (attack and tiburon), but you can get a dozen of these for the price of some of their gear.

View attachment 575859
Those look like skinny jeans.

View attachment 575859
I tried those on at Walmar . Felt like I was wearing leotards which are called leggings now.

snowfiend

Those look like skinny jeans.

I tried those on at Walmar . Felt like I was wearing leotards which are called leggings now.
They are straight fit pants, but obviously not everyone is the same size/shape so YMMV. I'm a skinny guy (33x32) so they work great for me and fit over a boot top. They have a relaxed fit version too if you are into the hammer pant look :cool:

hankgs

Adventurer
I got sucked into the "cool" factor and bought Kuhl long pants as well as shorts... The style is nice and I really like the logo... The reality is they are cheap Chinese made garments that absolutely don't hold up... Loose threads, holes in the crotch and inside pockets. To each his own, but if I'm paying $75 bucks and up for a pair of everyday wear, they better hold up better than these...

Reactions: WVI

Timcampsallover

Tree top flyer
Sorry to hear about your not so “cool” experience with Kuhl. I’ve had about 10 pair over the past 4 years and they’re really the only pants I wear anymore. One pair quit on me after catching some freshly sheared expanded metal but that’s the only problem I’ve had lately and no fault of the pants. There are many different fabric choices, I’ve got two pair of the heavy construction jean like pants that are just wearing in really well after two years of heavy winter use. Kuhl has an in house sew and repair room at their massive Salt Lake City facility. I’d bet they would fix your pant problems for free?

(none)

Adventurer

View attachment 575859

I agree on this one. I have a few pair. I wear them for work, hiking or under my moto gear. The stitching is a bit weak, but they seem to keep the good bits nice and cool. Especially for the price, hard to complain

voodoojk

Adventurer
I 3rd that.. wearing them now at work ( wrangler) got them at wal mart for $15 and been wearing them for over a year now. If I rip them or get grease stains I wont care as much. Save my more $$ gear for out of work and actual outdoor activities.

what i am disappointed with recently is carhartt.. i had a few of the rip stop pants that i only wore when wheeling or camping in colder weather and they all but disintegrated on me. I was out shooting and jumped up a ledge to place a target and my entire crotch ripped open.. I have $20 jeans from sears that lasted longe rthen these.

You read my mind. I have a couple I use mainly for going out with and they are super comfortable.

5.11 Jeans are really nice too and don't look "tacti-goon", have any tactical look, covert branding, yet numerous pockets exposed and hidden. I have a few sets I wear almost daily and they are extremely comfy, flex/stretch, and perfect for my CCW needs. Levis also makes really nice Jeans as they have for a long time; modern fits are there and classics remain the same and there is a fit for anyone's body size to include stretch jeans. I do not wear other 5.11 products due to profiling but the jeans are designed solely around casual wear with a tactical component; extremely durable.

Finally, Vertx are the best "non-jeans" I own even though I think they are still the same as jeans just a different flavor/color.

All of these brands are free of the "tacti-goon" status, hold up and extremely durable and free you up for work, play, and CCW if those are your needs as the waist stretches perfectly with our without the EDC kit.

If you flux in weight a bit from time to time your size will not change unless you really pack them pounds on; all of these brands will surely meet the requirement......lol. Additionally, all of these brands have loose/relaxed, straight, boot cut, slim fit, etc. as various options.

Just my two cents.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
I got sucked into the "cool" factor and bought Kuhl long pants as well as shorts... The style is nice and I really like the logo... The reality is they are cheap Chinese made garments that absolutely don't hold up... Loose threads, holes in the crotch and inside pockets. To each his own, but if I'm paying $75 bucks and up for a pair of everyday wear, they better hold up better than these...

I too went through this experience. Earlier this year (2020) I decided to "invest" in a Kuhl wardrobe for the upcoming travel and event season (prior to the covid shutdown.....) I purchased 4 pairs of Kuhl pants for under $400. Loved em....loved the fit.....loved the look.....washed em once and the snap closure on all the pants wouldn't stay closed. Sure, I could have fiddled with it to get it to work but that didn't make sense on $95.00 pants. Took the pants back for a refund and the store manager commented that the snap failure was a common problem......I even wrote Kuhl about the issue......negative response. So, I guess I'm just not kuhl enough for Kuhl gear.

Still looking for the perfect living, travel pants.

gkieser92

5.11 TacLite Pro for me. I have plenty of 'em in pants and shorts.
I also favor 5.11 pants, especially the Fast-Tac Urban Pant: https://www.511tactical.com/urban-fast-tac.html. These are extremely durable, but low-profile enough that I wear them in my job in an elementary school and they blend right in. Also, as far as jeans go, the 5.11 ones are very comfy because they stretch. They feel like sweat pants.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles