Switching my life to "not Jeans". Can I get some recomendations for good NON JEANS

Late to the party in this category but another vote for Wrangler Riggs Ranger paints. Tough, comfortable, easily washed. Equally important: price point. I buy several pairs each year when visiting the in-laws in Oregon. <$40, often <$30 if on sale.

First World rant: I’m a perfect 31” inseam. Good luck finding anything other than 30” or 32”. Not a big deal with work pants but a pain with dress pants. Silly rant off. 🤦‍♂️

jacobconroy

Adventurer
I skimmed the thread and I didn't see anyone mentioning Arc'teryx pants. They are really awesome. When I switched from jeans I bought six pairs of the dead bird a little over six years ago in different models and colors, and I am still wearing them. No holes, so stains, no problems except one (a zipper finally busted). These are the only pants I own.

I wear them camping, working, hiking, heck, for everything I do. Extremely durable and comfortable. If you shop around they seem to average about $100.00 per pair. Though it sounds expensive you have to take wear into account. I figure that of the original six pair, five are left and have at least a couple of years left in them. The pair with the broken zipper are now for painting and hardcore mechanic work...meaning very dirty work. I always wash and dry them on the delicate cycle. They dry very quickly, resist almost every stain you could get in regular life, and the gusseted knees keep them comfortable when you are crawling around or stepping over things.

Some models are cut looser than others and they only go up to a 38 inch waste (which was what I needed when I bought them). The current models are mostly different from when I purchased, so I can't vouch for them directly (Starke, Cronin, Stowe, Russet, Creston, Sullivan, Atlin, etc.).

Highly recommended.

Ace Brown

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0019
I had given the Cabelas’s Trailhiker II good ratings but since they are made by Basspro called Redhead I would have to say thumbs down. The pockets are too deep and fewer belt loops and placed oddly. Time to start a new search. I really like the Wrangler Riggs Ranger pant except for the lack of back pocket flaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

villaphoto

I skimmed the thread and I didn't see anyone mentioning Arc'teryx pants. They are really awesome. When I switched from jeans I bought six pairs of the dead bird a little over six years ago in different models and colors, and I am still wearing them. No holes, so stains, no problems except one (a zipper finally busted). These are the only pants I own.

I wear them camping, working, hiking, heck, for everything I do. Extremely durable and comfortable. If you shop around they seem to average about $100.00 per pair. Though it sounds expensive you have to take wear into account. I figure that of the original six pair, five are left and have at least a couple of years left in them. The pair with the broken zipper are now for painting and hardcore mechanic work...meaning very dirty work. I always wash and dry them on the delicate cycle. They dry very quickly, resist almost every stain you could get in regular life, and the gusseted knees keep them comfortable when you are crawling around or stepping over things.

Some models are cut looser than others and they only go up to a 38 inch waste (which was what I needed when I bought them). The current models are mostly different from when I purchased, so I can't vouch for them directly (Starke, Cronin, Stowe, Russet, Creston, Sullivan, Atlin, etc.).

Highly recommended.
Which model did you pick up? Always looking for recommendations for new pants.

SayWutOverland

The North Face Paramount Peak pants are wonderful pants. They can be worn as shorts too and the zipper area is very low pro so they don't look tacky.. Super durable and quick drying material. Couldn't recommend more!

Ace Brown

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0019
Found some new to me pants that probably will become my new favorites: Carhartt Force. I’ve worn Carhartt bibs for years on the job but didn’t think I’d like their stiff material for everyday wear. But these Force pants are lighter and soft to the touch. They have well thought out pockets and even have flaps on the back pockets. Not fond of the reddish tan color but three other colors are available. They were $49.95 at Sportsmans Warehouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Pnwfullsize

My go to pants are either kuhls for most camping/everyday wear or carhartt rugged flex rigby pants for work or working around the yard/truck.

frans

Adventurer
I would like to recommend a new pant Carhart came out with. Only a couple colors but nice pant called 'Cryder dungaree '
Lighter weight, articulated knees, gusseted crotch, rear pocket flaps that are engineered to be easy to get into.
I am impressed because Carhart usually only makes pants that are heavy bulky and not all that comfortable when being active or wet.

I also buy pants from LA Police gear. They carry a lot of pants at a great price.

Reactions: WVI

basing110

Observer
Costco has some Eddie Bauer pants that are water resistant and have some flex built into them. Look expedition like.. anyone try them out yet?