Switched the Ford Escape for an FJ62 LandCruiser

NomadEffect

Hey All,

We've been super busy of late and haven't been hitting forums but we switched our much loved Ford Escape for a 1988 FJ62 LandCruiser and it's been a wild ride!!!!!

We hope we inspire others to go on a crazy ride and honestly life is waaaaay to short to drive a boring car!!!

NomadEffect

This is seriously recommended upgrade for anyone that has a 60 series. Given someone with my capabilities can do it, it's super worth it!!

NomadEffect

This may come as a shock but we got our rear springs in!
This video is long, I started out trying to explain why we chose the suspension we did and then I showed all the little hurdles that you encounter when you're putting springs in. I had no idea which way around the leaf springs went so hopefully this one can help anyone like us who's attempting this for the 1st time.
I hope everyone is well!!!
Ben

NomadEffect

This is the 1st time I really tried to make a 'how to' instead of just a DIY video. We hadn't been able to find a good tutorial for the 1988 FJ62 Drum Brakes so we were just trying to share what we learnt, hopefully this helps someone:

NomadEffect

Front discs are in and super rusty from the Florida humidity.

Here's a little step by step video we put together. I hope it helps a fellow DIY driveway mechanic

NomadEffect

I think there is a little bogan/redneck in everyone and I am not at all ashamed to say that the sound of a custom exhaust system is what really brings mine out.

Check how good this sounds!!

NomadEffect

This one is bound to be a little controversial. I know it's sacrilege to modify the body but it's going to be so much stronger and easier to maintain.

NomadEffect

We have had so many people ask us when we were going to address the rust on the rear quarter panels of our car.

This one is for you:

NomadEffect

So this is probably the most real video I've made. I didn't cut out any of my mistakes and there were many.
For anyone looking to add Barn Doors/Ambulance Doors to their US spec FJ62, it is for sure doable without a ton of bodywork experience but it's not a quick job at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles