Swing away rear spare MT for a power wagon

wyorover

Looking for a spare tire mount for the rear of a 06 power wagon
Ideally I would like to have it built into a rear bumper by getting the
Spare out from under the truck I could mount a rear winch under the bed with
The rollers coming through the bumper.

I know I can use a rear hitch mount I used one on my rover for a short time
But it was in the way on the truck,beating up the inside or at home in the garage when I needed it.

Boz

Observer
Aluminess makes one. They're expensive though.
dodge-truck-bumper-14_lg.jpg

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Aluminess might seem "expensive" but the quality is over the top, the built in storage makes use of wasted space and the fact that it doesn't weigh a ton like steel means less wear and tear on the entire rig.

I love my Aluminess bumpers on the Sportsmobile and have always been impressed by how tough they are.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Ditto. I've toured the factory and was impressed with the product and staff there. The price includes powdercoating. I was quoted $70.00 for the install.

Boz

Observer
Aluminess might seem "expensive" but the quality is over the top, the built in storage makes use of wasted space and the fact that it doesn't weigh a ton like steel means less wear and tear on the entire rig.

I love my Aluminess bumpers on the Sportsmobile and have always been impressed by how tough they are.

Oh I don't doubt the quality is there. I've been eyeballing their front bumpers for my 06 ctd. I like the idea of aluminum to help with weight.

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader

Aluminess is one of those things you dont look at the price. It's worth it no matter how much they cost.

Know that it's a Mom & Pop's style shop with about 4-5 employee's who put their love into each product built

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
I had Aluminess F&R on my Quigley- and loved them. On the PW I have gotten the tiregate and so far am really pleased. Considerably cheaper, and actually improves the departure angle by raising the hitch- which could be a problem given certain applications/trailers. And, I am running 37s and the tiregate is handling it fine so far.

wyorover

Can't seem to find them?
Are they aluminum ?
I really need something I can bash in the rocks arb would not last long in Wyoming I really like the rovertym stuff on my disco

wyorover

Bumpers

I found them great looking stuff the price don't scare me but I don't think the
Aluminum would hold up to what I want to do to it
I will be calling them though

Is this the stuff that was on the lr3 at land rover lasvegas ?

ce2flaco

Observer
Another vote for the tiregate. It doesn't connect to the bumper but does swing away and can mount out or inboard.

Attachments

• P1010180 (Large).JPG
    P1010180 (Large).JPG
    181.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 100_3421 (Large).JPG
    100_3421 (Large).JPG
    148 KB · Views: 47

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles