Sweet ski rig

jeepin_idaho

Adventurer
Note that's a smart setup! Small enough to not be a big hassle but still big enough to be roomy and enjoy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Thanks for sharing. Did you happen to note how the trailer was mounted on the frame of the Fuso?

I saved these photos for future dreams. Thanks again.

uriedog

metal melter
Sweet. I have seen that rig somewhere before (not sure where though) I also keep these pics for future plans. For now the 2500 Cummins with my truck camper will have to do

haven

Expedition Leader
I think the original Fuso plus Bigfoot trailer camper was created by Vancouver BC resident Carl Hunter. I'm glad to see that the concept is still alive in BC.

fuso-112.jpg

Carl and his wife, Mary, used the vehicle for a multi-month trip round the world, followed by a jaunt through much of South America.

bigfoot1.jpg

Most impressive to me is the fact that Carl conceived the project, purchased truck and camping trailer, and assembled the finished product in 90 days. He had professional help with the removal of the trailer frame, construction of a three point torsion-free mount, addition of outside storage boxes, and final assembly. The shakedown run for the project was a drive from Vancouver to the East Coast of Canada to meet a shipper who transported the camper to Europe.

The reason for the rush was that Carl was meeting an Anglo/French group from the Silk Route Motorcaravan Club. The group drove across Europe and Asia to China in 2002. Read about the trip here http://www.xor.org.uk/silkroute/china2002/index.html

Despite the tight construction timetable, the vehicle proved extremely reliable. Carl reported that he needed to tighten the bolts on the three point mount once. One of the fenders at the rear of the vehicle had to be re-welded. That's it. The Fuso didn't even suffer a flat tire.

Note how neatly the original trailer wheelwells are hidden on Carl's camper. Carl wanted to add a rub rail to the side of the camper to protect it during shipping. It appears that the wheelwells are used for storage on the camper pictured at the top of this thread.

jasonL_031

Adventurer
That's a great idea might have to think about building one maybe a different truck need a4 door for the family

Sent from my RCT6077W22 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles